Black Metal.

Holy fuck the new Tåke EP "Kveld" is awesome! Hoest is back :kickass:

taake_kveld.jpg

Holy fuck the new Tåke EP "Kveld" is awesome! Hoest is back :kickass:

taake_kveld.jpg

I got all excited when I saw this, but it's only 1 new track & 4 re-recordings. I'm definitely interested in hearing the new track, but not sure why they would do the re-recordings? The production on those albums is pretty damn good by black metal standards.

I got all excited when I saw this, but it's only 1 new track & 4 re-recordings. I'm definitely interested in hearing the new track, but not sure why they would do the re-recordings? The production on those albums is pretty damn good by black metal standards.

I hated the production on the s/t, really put me off. Now that's not to say that I don't like nekro production, I do, but the s/t was awfully produced.

This EP on the other hand is surprisingly clean, but I think Tåke benefits from that because Hoest writes quite melodically.

Looking forward to this:

"Following on from the recent news that SHINING had parted company with Indie Recordings and signed with Spinefarm Records, the band has debuted a track from the forthcoming album “VII / Född Förlorare”, which in English means “Born Loser”. The track, “Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel”, can be heard on SHINING’s MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/shininghalmstad

All the music and lyrics for “VII / Född Förlorare”, which is due for release on the 25th May, were written by SHINING’s founder and front man Niklas Kvarforth, and the album was recorded over what the band describes as “three long years” inside the Slaughterhouse studios in Sweden, with Rickard Bengtsson once again producing.

Kvarforth himself defines the finished result as “THE” SHINING album. “It is”, he commented, “the natural successor to our fifth album “V/Halmstad”, rather than to our last release “VI/Klagopsalmer”, which I have always thought of as more of an experiment both in terms of writing and performance”. “VII / Född Förlorare” includes an array of guest appearances, and here follows a track by track description of the album.

First song: “Förtvivlan, Min Arvedel” (Despair, My Heritage) marks the start of what promises to be the darkest album in SHINING’s career to date – and for a band that epitomises the exploration of darkness, the significance of that statement is self-evident. A video of the track is currently being made.

Second song: “Tiden Läker Inga Sår” (Time Heals Nothing). As well as being tortured behind the microphone throughout most of the song, WATAIN’s Erik Danielsson makes an appearance on vocals on a track whose atmosphere is evocative of Led Zeppelin.

Third song: “Människa O’Avskyvärda Människa” (Man Despicable Man) could perhaps be the most groovy, yet most sinister and dark song from SHINING. Chris Amott of ARCH ENEMY contributes a magnificent solo on the track.

Fourth song: “Tillsammans Är Vi Allt” (Together We Are All) sheds an entirely new light on the band with its melancholic structure and the use of a grand piano as the lead instrument. The refrain is sung by Nordman, one of Sweden’s biggest pop stars.

Fifth song: “I Nattens Timma” (In The Night Hour). As can be expected with a SHINING album, there is always one track that differs from the rest, and this is the one, with only piano, mellotron and a guest vocal appearance by Peter Bjärgö of ARCANA.

Sixth song: “FFF” A track exploring family relationships, this is one of the most personal songs that Kvarforth has ever written.

More information about SHINING can be found on the band’s MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/shininghalmstad"

beherit_devil_ad.jpg

This is an official BEHERIT debut album, recorded back in 1990 in Ala Ky
Studio, Rovaniemi. Because of the problems with Turbo Music album never seen the darkness of the night and the master tape lost 20 for years. Sodomatic Slaughter found the master tape from his personal collection in 2010 and band started to prepare it for releasing. In this album you can hear 2 totally unreleased tracks and rest are totally different versions you haven't hear before. Nuclear Holocausto Vengeance and Sodomatic Slaughter recorded this as a duo and it was a live sessions in studio. Mastered 2010.

"The Oath of the Black Blood" is a compilation of demo and 7'EP, but this is the REAL debut album!

BEHERIT: At The Devil's Studio 1990-LP

1. Rehearsal
2. Grave Desecration Vengeance
3. At The Devil's Churns
4. Nocturnal Evil
5. Whores of Belial
6. Witchcraft
7. The Oath of Black Blood
8. Six Days With Sadistic Slayer
9. Demonomancy

It will be available on LP, CD, and tape.

No fucking way. Most Swedish black metal just pisses me off because of how obvious and generic it is, like why do they even bother. Even if you look beyond crap like Dark Funeral towards bands that are liked here, like early Dawn or Vinterland, I'm still displeased. I can't escape the feeling that stuff like early Dawn is just an endless surge of very loosely tied melodies and rythms, and therefore most of the songs simply come across as random and without focus, and are hard to distinguish from each other. Put Finis Malorum in there too, although Sacramentum eventually got their stuff together with Far Away From The Sun, as far as creating a sense of overall compositional and melodic direction goes.

Liturgy is dumb and horrible. You should go watch the interview with them where the lead guy basically destroys all ability to ever be taken seriously.

yeah I was debating on whether or not to get the new Krallice album.

It's great, but a challenging listen in places. I saw them live in Toronto last week, absolutely killer show.

Liturgy is also great. The singer is a douchey undergrad hipster, yes, but the music speaks for itself. Their sound is also not strictly black metal.

The singer wrote a manifesto which basically outlines his ideas for the band, stemming from his characterization of black metal: http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2010/03/08/not-fit-to-print-transcendental-metal/. It's a douchey undergrad pseudo philosophy/cultural studies paper, but I think, underneath it all, he has an interesting point about black metal being a finality in itself. His work around (transcendental black metal) is definitely far less convincing though.

Anyways, aside from the new Krallice I've been liking Black Anvil.

Black-Anvil-Time-Insults-The-Mind.jpg