Black Sabbath - I don't get it

Achilles' Last Stand is a great song.

But can anyone tell me if a metal band has ever covered No Quarter? As said already, I know the Tool cover.

Ender Rising's

Way to get my name right. You can just call me Ender if you get confused too easily by that second word.

In conclusion, all of you are very intolerant and bigoted.

Interesting, that's what we think of you. We get along here. We respect other people's musical taste, hell, there's a guy with 2pac in his sig and he has never gotten a negative word about it. The thing we don't like about you, or at least me personally, is your intolerance and closed mind. If something isn't perfect, to you it's crap.

Anyway, I'm setting you on ignore now since this is getting repetitive. Good day.

(Fuck... can't resist...)

gtfo.jpg

I dont agree with the threadmaker about Sabbath since they´re one of my all time favorite bands and was one of the bands i first started with when i got into metal,but i can see your point. I feel the same way as you do but about Iron Maiden,sure i recognize their massive influence and taking metal one step further,but i have never thought they´ve been anything special musically.

I dont agree with the threadmaker about Sabbath since they´re one of my all time favorite bands and was one of the bands i first started with when i got into metal,but i can see your point. I feel the same way as you do but about Iron Maiden,sure i recognize their massive influence and taking metal one step further,but i have never thought they´ve been anything special musically.
I think I like Maiden better than Sabbath, though Sabbath are far more essential. The thing about Sabbath is that they have a bunch of songs I really like, but the others are take or leave or not so good. They definitely have rock songs mixed in with their metal songs. And I only like Sabbath up through Sabotage.

I think I like Maiden better than Sabbath, though Sabbath are far more essential. The thing about Sabbath is that they have a bunch of songs I really like, but the others are take or leave or not so good. They definitely have rock songs mixed in with their metal songs. And I only like Sabbath up through Sabotage.

Shame. Born Again and Dehumanizer, along with Sabotage, are must-haves, IMO. Just so fucking heavy, I love it.

Achilles' Last Stand is a great song.

But can anyone tell me if a metal band has ever covered No Quarter? As said already, I know the Tool cover.

Doing a search, the band "Crowbar" has covered No Quarter. But I dunno who Crowbar is, so I dunno if they're metal or not.

The Ozzman said:
I would say Heaven and Hell is essential
Heaven and Hell is actually probably the only Dio-fronted Sabbath album I dislike. I found most of it stale and boring, aside from Neon Knights and Die Young.

IMO, Dehumanizer (and Mob Rules to a lesser extent) are much better.

my zep favs (not in order):

babe i'm gonna leave you
dazed and confused
since i've been loving you
immigrant song
friends
battle of evermore
going to california
stairway to heaven
no quarter
rain song
dyer maker
kashmir
ten years gone
achilles last stand
tea for one

Fuck I had no idea all this zep discussion was going on! I'm to lazy to compile a large list, but Immigrant Song, Kashmir, Evermore, Out on the Tiles, and Heartbreaker seem to be my favs

When The Levee Breaks is the best Zeppelin song

There isn't a 'best' song, but Levee rules hard

lol I actually hate that song

I would say Heaven and Hell is essential

Shit album. Sabbath without Ozzy isn't Sabbath.