Black Sabbath - I don't get it

Sabbath and Dio are first 2 bands I first listened to and get addicted to it. My friend's father gave me a copy of Paranoid I got hooked to fairies wear boots and Paranoid. Dio's Holy Diver was very addictive when I was 13. I only got into extreme metal a few years ago. Not kidding. I was too busy with hardcore and punk rock.

So, who has heard the new song from Atmosphere's coming up album If Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That Shit Gold.

Slug is still as fresh as ever with his rhymes and Ant is layin' down some phat beats ;D

You people are all idiots for giving this person the time of day. This thread needs to be closed.

Goddamn, have you guys even LISTENED to yourselves talk? God, not only did you totaly obliterate whatever point you were hoping to convey to me but you also went from convincing me to making me doubt your credibility even more by switching from Def Lappard to the Beatles (being a Rolling Stone fan and a stern hater of hippies the world over, I have no reason to respect the Beatles for anything).

Without the Beatles we would mostly likely have no rock n' roll. Saying you don't respect the Beatles is even worse than saying you don't respect Black Sabbath. The Beatles were the influence to bands like Floyd, Zeppelin, The Stones, Sabbath, Tull... all of which I like better than the Beatles. But you still have to give credit where credit is due. Without the Beatles the history of rock would have been very different (possibly non-existent). The same goes for Sabbath with metal.

And The Stones were hippies too. They were just into the harder stuff, :headbang:

WTF are you David Koresh, or something?

If you don't like us, then just get off the fucking forum. You're a complete fucking douche bag. You took everything that everyone said and completely twisted it to where it meant absolutely no where near what we actually said. Just do the world a favor and shut your fucking mouth. Dear God, I've never seen anyone who deliberately joins a forum just to piss everyone off.

:lol: You haven't? Where do you think the term "troll" came from?

Zeppelin is another example of a band who I have great respect for, but whose music I hate. I hate their cheesy, bluesy, cock rock sex songs (ie Black Dog). Not my cup of tea at all.

Ever listen to the live album Song Remains the Same? I think that is an amazing release. Those versions are just incerdible. No Quarter is pure magic.

I get tired of some of their songs, especially Black Dog and Rock and Roll. But they also have some amazing tunes, and I like the way they do the blues on their early albums.

No Quarter is Zeppelin's best song. They should have done more Norse-themed stuff.

Also, does anyone know if a metal band anywhere has ever covered No Quarter? I know of the Tool cover version, but I want a true metal cover.

No Quarter is Zeppelin's best song. They should have done more Norse-themed stuff.

Also, does anyone know if a metal band anywhere has ever covered No Quarter? I know of the Tool cover version, but I want a true metal cover.

it's one of their best songs... i don't know that it's their best

Short list of Zeppelin songs I like:
Stairway to Heaven (overrated, though)
Battle of Evermore
Trampled Underfoot

my zep favs (not in order):

babe i'm gonna leave you
dazed and confused
since i've been loving you
immigrant song
friends
battle of evermore