books???

I found book 9 a bit unsatisfying... Crossroads of Twilight was better... I should probably reread that one when I get back to the states... I've forgotten most of what happened... man my memory's poor.

Now Playing: Anouk -- Together Alone -- Pictures on Your Skin
/* random quote */
Don't hate yourself in the morning---sleep till noon.

Vintersorg said:
at the moment: The professor and the madman(Simon Winchester)
Funny, I got this for my birthday as well. Better be good ;)
Its tile is "Der Mann, der die Wörter liebte" in German (for the curious among you, it translates to "the man who loved the words")

Yeah, that was a pretty good series... It was interesting to have Rise of Endymion after Endymion. Now you've tempted me to reread the series... if the books I owned weren't 3000 miles away, that is.

Now Playing: Burning Point -- Salvation by Fire -- Fall of thy Kingdom
/* random quote */
"I think that's how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough. Let's go west.'"
-Richard Jeni

Got me three books yesterday:

Max Goldt - Der Krapfen auf dem Sims :D
Nick Hornby - About a boy (wanted to read some English stuff that isn't too heavy topic ;) )
various Swedish authors - Unter Mördern und Elchen

I kind of spend all the free time during school to go to our community's library and read. Currently I'm reading Terry Pratchett's "Häxkonster" ("Witch Arts"), "Germanic myths and tales", a book about the indo-europeans and various other books.

Hmm. The last book I read was Tuesdays With Morrie for class and the last one I bought was Rhapsody: Child of Blood by Elizabeth Haydon.

And of course...I obviously like WoT.

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

One of my patrons at work was talking about this the other day and said i should read it, so she came in yesterday and gave it to me. I guess we'll see how good it is

Great series. It's interesting how Dan put Rise of Endymion before Endymion. It's been ages since I read them, but my favorite is still the first.

Now Playing: Axenstar -- Perpetual Twilight -- King of Tragedy
/* random quote */
"Lawyers have the best deal in the country. We write the rules, interpret what the rules mean, apply the rules, and change them as necessary, all the while making them so incomprehensible that you need to ask one of us what the rules are."
-Jeremy Gottlieb's father

I've finished the Max Goldt and Simon Winchester books last week while I was in Sweden.
Started with Nick Hornby's "About a boy" and I already like this much more than "High Fidelity".

And I bought "Alla vi barn i Bullerbyn" when I was in Sweden :D I already managed two chapters but it's a bit tiring because I still have to look too many words up, so I'll leave it in the shelf for some time until I have improved (which I hopefully will ;) )

Now I'm reading "Historia om de Nordiska Folken" by Olaus Magnus. A book from 1555. It tells everything about the way of living and acting in Scandinavia during the medieval time.