books???

Great! I´ll check it out! Trust Wizards Of The Coast to have something to do with it...:)

And Yeah, how about Experience?

Originally posted by Phyros
Great! I´ll check it out! Trust Wizards Of The Coast to have something to do with it...:)

And Yeah, how about Experience?
yeah, they do :)
and the experience points system are built up like in D&D

D'oh... last one I read was Hohlbein's "Hagen von Tronje" that book was really great! But, I doubt it's been translated into any other language, so it's most likely just available in German. Further, I read some parts of the "Lost Tales" by Tolkien, and currently starting to read some R.A. Salvatore books.

Books I have read and loved:
A Streetcar Named Desire -- Tennessee Williams
Frankenstein -- Mary Shelley
The Glass Menagerie -- Tennessee Williams
The Necronomicon and the Necronomicon Spellbook (I am not sure if they are "real" ancient magick books, but they are very interesting to me)
I also liked Terry McMillan's "How Stella Got Her Groove Back", even if it doesn't compare to the other books above.

A memorable book I read in Grade 12 was Isabel Allende's "The House of the Spirits". It is vividly written, but has very graphic violence... so don't read it if you are easily offended.

I have a confession to make: I found the Harry Potter series and the Everworld series very neat... hehe...

I love reading, but I don't have much time to read anymore since I am in college.

@ansuzastral: hey I love R.A. Salvatore!!!!!!!!
I've read the 13 books he had (last time I checked) about the Dark Elf and the IceWind Dale trilogy....
he's the third in my fave writers :)))
(the two first ones are Tolkien and Pratchett)

EDIT: FrostWind dale no, IceWind Dale yes

Hell yeah! Salvatore is great..:) Got all his books, and their all great..:) BTW Have you read the cleric quintet?

-phyros

I'm addicted now to Pratchett and actually I'm squeezing each of his books :)
so if anybody feels like giving him a try, take Good Omens, that's one of his greatest books!!

what's this cleric quintet, phyros?

I'm reading "the fifth elephant" these days... (read 30 pages in 3 days....sloooooooooooow)....so far i like it :)
it's sth new to me....
I'm glad i have a person i can discuss on the book,he offers much guidelines on understanding what the hell is going on there :)

@aegis: wow, that's cool....
well here it was translated quite long ago, but still just 15 of his books have been translated in Spanish, so I have to dig them in English, it's hard, but it worths the effort well!!
and damn, I'd love to be that fast reading, I have many many things to read, but once I get to bed, no matter how good the book is, I just fall asleep to quickly!

@melancholia: cool!!!
I haven't read the Fifth Elephant yet...
It's nice to have a guide through Discworld's novels...actually you have to change the chip in your head and start thinking in a very very different way :)

fathervic (pratchettian)

Originally posted by FatherVic
I'm addicted now to Pratchett and actually I'm squeezing each of his books :)
so if anybody feels like giving him a try, take Good Omens, that's one of his greatest books!!

what's this cleric quintet, phyros?

You left out the fact that it is co-written with the best fantasy author alive....Neil Gaiman:p

A few of the books i´ve read.

Sarum - Edward Rutherford
American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis
The Diceman - Luke Rhinehart
Hitchiker´s guide to the galaxy - Douglas Adams
Dirk Gently´s holistic detective agency - Douglas Adams
The long dark tea-time of the soul - Douglas Adams

well it's not that Pratchett's English is tough, it's his style the tough thing...but it worths the try :)))))

and yep it's two months since I don't go to bed before 4:30 a.m.
but well I'm enjoying so much, and actually I can't enjoy some things during the day, so I stay, even my braincells keep threatening me to go on strike....heh! like if they hadn't been on a permanent strike my whole life! :lol:

fathervic (not insonmiatic!)

I'm still reading terry pratchett's "the fifth elephant" and i'm also Selma Lagerlöf's "Kejsarn av portugallien"
and also read a bit of a looooong love poem today :cry: ...

Originally posted by Morgana
Uh... I like the novels of Maroin Zimmer Bradley (The Forest House, Lady Of Avalon, The Mists Of Avalon. etc. ), all on V.C. Andrews,
Tolkien,...

Morgana, have you seen the movie they did "The Mists of Avalon"? It's TOO awesome. over 3 hours long - I swear it's got to be the best movie i have ever seen!

Originally posted by mousewings
The Necronomicon and the Necronomicon Spellbook (I am not sure if they are "real" ancient magick books, but they are very interesting to me)

oh, it's real enough, Enochian magick, but however the texts that are printed are incomplete which is why it's not advised that the idly curious decide to give it a go. I have read those books but god damn if I'd ever use them.

Originally posted by mousewings

Meh, someone just read a little too much H.P. Lovecraft one day.

I am not sure if they are real or not... there are so many conflicting views on that. Not all the spells are dark magick though, some of them are not. I think that the book, whether it is real or not, can be inspiring and comforting to those who study it and read it in depth. That is just my opinion and spin on things though. :)

Other books I have read that have been in my memory are "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding (another school assignment) and "Awake and dreaming" by Kit Pearson.

I wish I had more time to read...

I know Lovecraft is a fiction writer but the texts that he based that on are real. He just tarted up a story around it. I also think it was very irresponsible of him to do such a thing.