buy Mike an album thread

The Bones Of All Men- Starring Phil Picket, Richard Thompson, Dave Mattacks and Peggy!

Medieval folk-rock at its best!

I'd say any Kalmah record.. pref an older one like Swampsong. One of the most underrated scandinavian MDM out there.

why would a guy who already knows about good music want a bunch of recommendations/input from a bunch of halfwit internet slobs who like troll metal

I would probably get him Crimson by Edge of Sanity or Brave Murder Day by Katatonia, since he participated in them :p

Lush - Spooky
Descendents - I Don't Want To Grow Up
Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Bad Brains - Rock For Light
Chris Isaak - Forever Blue

Arvo Part - Littany

I'm going to burn that one and give it to him next show. I can't afford to buy him a copy like all of you guys can. :(

Why in the fuck would you get him an album like the white album or Brave Murder day or crimson when he clearly owns all these and has heard them a million times?
I swear the average IQ on this board gets lower everytime I come here!

to be quite frank, something that might interest him coul be the first movement of the first piano concerto from Bartok, Bela. might interest anyone on this board here

Thanks guys...fun read!

As for metal bands, and especially those who touch upon what we do with Opeth. I mean, I don't want to slag anyone off but I am just not interested in listening to progressive metal or the atmospheric style that we've been doing for almost 20 years now. There has to be something completely unique in order for me to be interested. I mean, unlike anything else out there.

Classical music...interesting. I don't have a clue about classical music apart from a few composers. I'm super interested in getting more into it but it feels like such a big task. Same with jazz music. I only listen to Miles, Coltrane and some Swedish musicians basically.

I like all forms of music I guess, but right now I'm so occupied with browsing through what I've got back home.

As for the old prog and psych bands, yes I almost have it all. I bought Cressidas records in the mid 90's but I'm constantly discovering new (old) bands.

Heard a great new song that Jonas (Katatonia) played to me by Krister Linder (Enter the hunt) called Day star. Absolutely stunning...!

Cheers
Mike

hello

Mikael we much appreciate your recommendations, you have helped keep old prog/obscure music alive, helped us discover cool underground music. Im glad you enjoy the thread and i think getting more into jazz/classical could be a very good thing...influenced Opeth records,Superb man!

Was going thru a record store and saw an old album by Spiro Jira (spelling). My old girlfriend was into them. I think it was jazz. Maybe Mikael would like that?

Girlfriend from over 20 years ago. She played saxaphone. Darn cute too. :loco: