Camel and Porcupine Tree

Sky Coyote

Mar 24, 2007
I thought I'd check out some music by these two bands - what are the best albums to start with?

Thanks.

I think Camel's best one is their self-titled one. The others are a little cheesy for my taste. But the s/t's a cracker!

Porpcupine Tree....hmmm....hard to say. In Absentia, or Fear of a Blank Planet (fantastic album). I like Deadwing too, but it does have a track on it I hate so much it took me ages to give the album a chance.

i would say save fear of a blank planet and deadwing for later. in absentia is porc tree's best work. then you could get coma divine (a fantastic live album that contains songs from the first four albums) and stupid dream.

my camel choice would be mirage. then moonmadness. among the newer albums rajaz is excellent.

Camel - st is really underrated, also rain dances is very good. as for PT i suggest fear of a blank planet or deadwing as introductions.

id say never let go or comming of age is the best place for a someone to have a taste of Camel, live records with plenty of songs from different eras.

of the studio albums id say raindances or i can see your house from here or possably nude

for porcupine tree cant advise

imo snowgoose is really good to get started.

as for PT i will suggest lightbulb sun and in absentia