Chicks in Metal

it just depends on how they sound to me. i don't like otep but i like sinergy. kim has a very strong voice and stfu vik don't call me kim :lol: *kicks you* :p

:cry: don't kick me Kim

I knew you or Gon would come to save the day! :lol: Sucks though, my bust seriously gets in the way of playing sometimes. I know, I know. Why do I need to play when I'm naked? Good point.

paying naked rules...

but i enjoy woman singing... good singing... i don't like much woman growling...
humm... err... i dunno... i don't like Evanescence at all... its too pop-ish, and Amy not good at all

Love 'em? Hate 'em? Respect 'em in any way?

Lacuna would be different without a chick singer. Sinergy with a guy singer wouldn't be Sinergy. AE without Angela, well I think she came at the right time and I don't look at her as the chick, but as the vocalist and that's it. I think she's that convincing.

Do you consciously/subconsciously approach listening to a metal band with a female singer from a different angle than one with a dude singer? Listen for more flaws? Are you more critical? Think- Who did she fuck somewhere down the line to convince these dudes to play for her?

I do. Always. I hate divas in metal, I hate it when they wreak of "I'm superior simply because of my vagina".

Being a chick who generally hates chicks in metal and has plans to become one in the end- I'm an oxymoron. And I'm a guitarist and vocalist. Which may make for more criticism.

I'd like some feedback no matter how stupid. What's good, what's bad, what makes a female in a metal band respectable and convincing when compared to her male peers, etc. I want to be held to the same par as every other musician. I hate hearing "She's good for a girl." "Wow a girl who shreds."

I know I'm gonna have to deal as I already do but any thoughts on provoking responses beyond that?

I like anything but female vocalists (except angela, rachel from sinister etc.). I think you are right with the diva issue.

But I definitly would like to see more chicks on guitar, bass, drums, whatever.

not a fan of female vocals really. there are very few exceptions though, like Angela and Kim. as long as the vocals are strong, they're good (that's why guys are better for metal vocas). but if its the pussy shit like that nasty lucan girl....fuck that shit.

and actually for punk rock, some chicks are decent. check out the devotchkas and the lunachicks. the distillers would be ok, except fuckin brody always tries to sound like tim armstrong, and that's just not cool. only tim can sound like tim.

oh, and i think female drummers are fuckin awesome. they're usually tr00, unlike a lot of females who go into the metal scene.

im a female drummer. :lol: mind you i havent played in 4 years though...=-s. my set has been taken apart, and then i never get motivation to play even when it is up.

im a female drummer. :lol: mind you i havent played in 4 years though...=-s. my set has been taken apart, and then i never get motivation to play even when it is up.

well that's a shame. maybe you're not meant to be a drummer...try pickin up the bass and see if you get motivated to play that. and listen to lots of Primus....lol.

I don't really care if the members of a band I like are male of female. what matters is the music.

But it's sure that as a female guitar player myself, I want to be able to pwn a few guys...

And I love Arch Enemy, Nightwish and Sinergy, they're all among my favorite bands. And I like a band from Québec they're awesome they're called Profugus Mortis and the drummer and the violinist are girls :) http://www.myspace.com/profugusmortis

well that's a shame. maybe you're not meant to be a drummer...try pickin up the bass and see if you get motivated to play that. and listen to lots of Primus....lol.

i picked up my dads bass, no motivation. i also tried to teach myself how to play guitar, nope, not for me. but lately, ive been having alot of motivation to sing and play the drums. bad thing is, my drums arent set up. my dad made me take them down for the winter.

Female fronted bands are usually my favorites. Like Nightwish, Epica, After Forever(although I dislike her vocals). I don't judge females more than men. If the person sucks, then that's it. it doesnt matter if you ahve balls or not. :lol:

I like the female vocal in Unexpect. See had a classical training and it fukken shows. Otherwise, meh. I don't really care as long as it sounds good. I won't boo a band 'cause it has a woman or not.

I would give lots of respect to a scandinavian, blonde haired blue eyed, busty babe who can shred. I've never seen one, but if there is one out there, they should be signed.

I hear asain chicks can shred though.

I would give lots of respect to a scandinavian, blonde haired blue eyed, busty babe who can shred. I've never seen one, but if there is one out there, they should be signed.

I hear asain chicks can shred though.

I'm an American of thick German and Dutch(amongst other things) descent. I have reddish-brown hair naturally. I have dark green eyes. But I'm busty and can shred. And I'm 5'8.

I guess I don't make the cut anyway. :cry: