Chicks in Metal

who cares? if it's good great if it's bad great.

fuck all this "i hate this band because it's a woman!!!"

misogeny is for al qaeda

Angela doesn't act like a man, and as far as I know she doesn't want to be seen as another man in metal. The woman shows cleavage onstage. However she COMMANDS and OWNS the stage more than almost every musician I've ever seen. Disagree all you want, but she's superior to many many men in metal.
Agreed, Angela is awesome

And about Kim, I don't like them new shouting vocals she done on the latest Sinergy album's, I liked her vocals alot on Beware the Heavens though. And yeah a few live clips I've seen her live voice didn't impress me much.

But yeah, Angela is the only women i've heard that hold's her own against men, or maybe I just need to listen to some more female fronted bands.

Less of this:
epica41bg.jpg

NO MAMES CABRÒN !!!! QUE RICAS UBRES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship: :worship:

You believe this is a sexist discussion. Maybe some of us don't agree.

If you feel that way then please don't participate in the thread. I created the thread, I'm a woman. I don't look at it as sexist, I look at it as realistic and was curious about others' views concerning the topic. This was for insight, not to promote sexism.

I didn't create the thread to debate over whether women belong in metal or not. It's more of an inquiry asking other posters their thoughts about the varying approaches women use in presenting their music and how they present themselves/represent their bands as a whole.

I'm a female musician and I chose to bring up the topic because I'm fully open to others' opinions.

I expected everyone to interpret my proposal through a different medium. I got many different types of comments, all of which were/are useful; because they're from the somewhat general fanbase, not being particularly biased.

The thread isn't about whether you care for the bands or not. I like Sinergy but I still mentioned Kim as a frontwoman I'm not fond of as a performer.

You asked for opinions and I'm giving mine! :lol: You don't seem to be fully open to opinions that are different from yours....

And don't put words into my mouth, please. That's a little silly of you:erk:

Söy;6086666 said:
who cares? if it's good great if it's bad great.

fuck all this "i hate this band because it's a woman!!!"

misogeny is for al qaeda

You are dense, yes? This is about lead women's approaches not about hating on any bands because their singers are women.

I may be wrong but I don't recall any posts hissing "i hate blah blah cause it's a woman".

Who cares? Look at the other posts. Some people took time to think and gave both simple and elaborate, yet intelligent responses.

Even better, some even gave passionate responses and/or took interest in maturely discussing the topic.

You are dense, yes? This is about lead women's approaches not about hating on any bands because their singers are women.

I may be wrong but I don't recall any posts hissing "i hate blah blah cause it's a woman".

Who cares? Look at the other posts. Some people took time to think and gave both simple and elaborate, yet intelligent responses.

Even better, some even gave passionate responses and/or took interest in maturely discussing the topic.

apparently you havent read all the posts.

come back when you do and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

I don't like that band, personally.

But my point is that this is a sexist discussion. Just the fact of wondering if women can own as much as men or whatever is totally sexist.

You asked for opinions and I'm giving mine! :lol: You don't seem to be fully open to opinions that are different from yours....

And don't put words into my mouth, please. That's a little silly of you:erk:
You gave an opinion that is irrelevant to the substance of the topic at hand. I think your reaction isn't even close to reasonable and understandable given the nature of the subject. Although that's OK and we're all given the chance and freedom to speak our minds on this forum, I believe it's a little silly to be so raucous.

If this were a discussion about whether women belong in metal or not, I STILL wouldn't approach it as a sexist discussion. It's a legitimate debate because we have freedom of speech. At least we do in the United States. It's a subject which can be talked about and deliberated in a mature discussion by those capable of taking a step back. Handling the idea as a debate concerning the human female's habits, stances, appearances, etc. in a lead metal vocalist's position or otherwise probably isn't politically correct in today's world, but it can be both plausible and reflective of the metal(etc.) community's general outlook.

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said this is a sexist discussion. You declared it as if being irrevocably true; as if you are the first, last and only individual to define what is and what is not.

I rephrased what you said into what is actually more accurate, ask Aristotle. I didn't change your original statement, I quoted you before commenting.

You gave your opinion, as you state above, which I quoted again. Your opinion is that the discussion is sexist, yes? That is your opinion. Not necessarily fact. It is your belief.

I was and am open to your opinion. I've absorbed your opinion to the point where I've been able to respond to it without hostility. I simply have set it aside because I believe it doesn't apply to my purpose of this thread. I'm not rejecting it.

Please do not attack. Negotiate with your impulses and form reasonable yet firm arguments. Interpret that as you please. It's only a statement.

I'm a law student. A good lawyer doesn't lie, s/he approaches arguments from angles that are correct, impeccable and educated. It's all in one's angle.

Wait a second... you "rephrased" my sentence because you've been reading Aristotle? You gave it a whole new meaning AND you contraticted yourself as you were trying to prove yourself right.

I didn't state anything as irrevocably true. But you are doing that very well with your long and boring law-student speach.

Söy;6086695 said:
apparently you havent read all the posts.

come back when you do and dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Just for you I read the posts again. There isn't a single hate referred to any band because it has a female front person. Expressed was dislike for a singer or a band overall.

Just for you I read the posts again. There isn't a single hate referred to any band because it has a female front person. Expressed was dislike for a singer or a band overall.
im sorry all i heard was
"blah blah blah im a girl who plays guitar blah blah blah"

my point was stop complaining about something you dont like and start finding something you do like.

but whatever.

you just want argue; i see law school has already penetrated your inner being. congrats to that. :heh:

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said this is a sexist discussion. You declared it as if being irrevocably true; as if you are the first, last and only individual to define what is and what is not.

I rephrased what you said into what is actually more accurate, ask Aristotle. I didn't change your original statement, I quoted you before commenting.

You gave your opinion, as you state above, which I quoted again. Your opinion is that the discussion is sexist, yes? That is your opinion. Not necessarily fact. It is your belief.

Wait a second... you "rephrased" my sentence because you've been reading Aristotle? You gave it a whole new meaning AND you contraticted yourself as you were trying to prove yourself right.

I didn't state anything as irrevocably true. But you are doing that very well with your long and boring law-student speach.

It's speech, not speach. Lawyers make the world go 'round whether we like it or not. Without regulations of laws there would be anarchy.

You just responded to my statement with an ad hominem. You attacked my comment rather than prove it wrong or otherwise. I didn't give it a new meaning, I put your sentence into a different light.

I don't believe I contradicted myself. But if I did, please show me how. I also wasn't trying to prove myself right. I was showing you MY point of view.

In using only is to describe "sexist discussion", it implied your opinion as being truth. If you used "I think this is" or something of the sort it would have changed the entire mood of your statement I think. In my response I said that you stated it as if it were irrevocably true and as if you were the first, last and only individual to define what is and what is not.

I wrote "as if" twice to describe how your statement came across. Those were the operative words.

Söy;6086833 said:
im sorry all i heard was
"blah blah blah im a girl who plays guitar blah blah blah"

my point was stop complaining about something you dont like and start finding something you do like.

but whatever.

you just want argue; i see law school has already penetrated your inner being. congrats to that. :heh:

All you heard was something a 5 year old would respond with. That's mature.

Your point didn't come across very clearly. And I don't want to argue. A strong issue was brought up and I tried to clarify what's being discussed. It ended up being a stupid argument over how to argue and interpret statements.

Law school will give me the ability to write my own contract, protect my intellectual property and copyrights and have better control over all legal aspects of my career. My inner being has a hard shell that protects it from being mutilated and destroyed. That is how I'm still motivated regardless of others' effects on my environment.

I'm done with this, it's pointless.

Then why don't you rephrase your speech (please, don't arrest me for that) for: "I think what you are trying to say is XXX"?

You have too much of an attitude for someone who's practicing "do what I tell you, not what I do".

And
Lawyers make the world go 'round whether we like it or not. Without regulations of laws there would be anarchy.
kind shows how amazingly right you think you are.

Don't lecture me. I just thought your primary question, the reason for this topic, was sexist. Am I entitled to my opinion? Thank you! I believe that questioning or caring if other people think women can be as great as men is sexist and I also think it's a shame that you, as a girl, should question something like that. The thought itself puts women in a lower level than men. If you remove the wild hair from your ass and actually become able to think about what someone other than you is saying, you will realize what I'm saying just common sense.

You're boring.