COB start writing new album

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transference/dp/B00CFXO78G[/ame]

SAMPLE, check it out, shows a bit more of Transference

Isn't release date 26th, not 29th like amazon tells?

Hahaa yeah, that sounds promising. This clip doesn't tell the full picture yet, but there's no more that gay American sound. I like the melodic shouts too. I never liked this melody thing at the start tho, cos it's nothing special. Of course I personally like the song Halo of Blood very much. There's gonna be some diversity on the album.

There's a lot more atmosphere in transference than in what we've seen after HCDR....I think this will be their best album since are you dead yet

This album is very interesting. It's hard to believe Alexi finally managed (from what I've heard) to tone down the rhythm complexity back to simple but effective riffing. Something specifically mentioned before : )

The sound so far is so distinct, and I don't want to start making conclusions with so little samples, but it's definitely unique. If you have to give it a color it's not blue or green... or even red. This is what I'm hearing:

Rhythm: Old School.
Lead: Modern (so far). The first Transference sample sounded like an AYDY melody, especially with the keyboard sound attached. HOB solos sound straight out of RRF or AYDY.
Keyboards: Mixed. A lot of distinct, loud, and sharp keyboard of modern COB. But at the same time there is the mellow keyboard from FTR that helped quite a lot in that atmospheric sound.
Vocals: It's 34 year old Alexi trying to sound young and angry again. It's got the layering thing going on again.

Will this be COB's black album?? Purple?

This album is very interesting. It's hard to believe Alexi finally managed (from what I've heard) to tone down the rhythm complexity back to simple but effective riffing. Something specifically mentioned before : )

The sound so far is so distinct, and I don't want to start making conclusions with so little samples, but it's definitely unique. If you have to give it a color it's not blue or green... or even red. This is what I'm hearing:

Rhythm: Old School.
Lead: Modern (so far). The first Transference sample sounded like an AYDY melody, especially with the keyboard sound attached. HOB solos sound straight out of RRF or AYDY.
Keyboards: Mixed. A lot of distinct, loud, and sharp keyboard of modern COB. But at the same time there is the mellow keyboard from FTR that helped quite a lot in that atmospheric sound.
Vocals: It's 34 year old Alexi trying to sound young and angry again. It's got the layering thing going on again.

Will this be COB's black album?? Purple?

yeah id put it between red (SW) and blue (FTR). so it might be purple imo.

The vocals were my biggest concern for the new album.

Kudos Alexi, and kudos to Peter as well :). I haven't been this excited for new music in a long time!

I like the Deadnight Warrior'ish keyboards in the verses, it's catchy as fuck, the drum fills should sound epic too.

Imagine if they had another song like SNBN on this album... or intensely melodic songs in general. It's good Alexi has taken the approach to make simpler but catchier riffing. ;)

Sounds like the lyrics have gotten way better as well.

That's got a lot to do with it. The lyrics are no more about alcohol, I suppose. Just as I could see coming: when Alexi has to abandon his addiction to alcohol, he will look back to his life in nostalgy and find what was truly important, and he'll remember the original purpose of COB's music.

I agree with Joonas. I think he had a LOOONG party time since AYDY, now he just woke up.. "dafuq I am doing?" and here it comes HOB...ok, RRF is not as good as HCDR, but after BD and AYDY, RRF gave me some light of hope

ok, RRF was not their best, but absolutely better than AYDY and blooddrunk I think....more melodic parts...just my opinion....from what I've heard from interviews and Halo Of Blood (the radio rip) I think it will be much better than RRF, BD and AYDY

cant stop listening to that sample. The thing I love about this band is that every album has a distinctly different sound from the other but is still instantly recognisable as COB. This new album sounds like no exception.

Yeah, and this one in a certain way reminds me SW....maybe black metal influence, but not the classical riffs LOL

Well, I said fuck when the sample ended, which bodes well! I like the vocals, that's for sure. He tried hard I think, and looks like he delivered. Agressive as CoB vocals should be IMO.