COB start writing new album

Total Guitar today:

"Our favourite Finn, Alexi Laiho stopped by this week. The Wildchild gave TG some video rundowns of riffs from the forthcoming Children Of Bodom album, Halo Of Blood. Coming soon to a digital edition of TG."

It won't be easy... will Waste of Skin be another Follow the Reaper? Will Scream for Silence be another Children of Decadence? Transference another Everytime I Die? And so on. Every song on FTR is epic. It's unrealistic to expect something similar and as good. But if Halo of Blood has its own style, with some epicness and dark atmosphere, and is half the album FTR is, that would be beyond magnificent.

Nobody should be expecting the HB/FTR songs... the band described it as between the third and fourth, Alexi says it's heavy as fuck, they're incorporating elements of the older bodom and that review explicitly said the album is NOT another HB/FTR.

No, SKO... That's what I'm afraid of, that they only have a couple nice songs like on RRF and they only give the same samples of those songs to these trailers and ads. However, something has convinced me this time there will be more than just one and a half songs you can listen to...

That was the most disappointing thing for me about RRF. CoB were one of the very few bands that had absolutely no fillers on their albums, only great songs, but RRF put a stop to that.

HCDR has some epic melodies still like FTR. But it made COB sound superficial and cheap.

There's a clip of the new song in the beginning of the video... it sounds quite peaceful, slow, but there's feeling again. Soundworld is blue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0WHD5lZLo&feature=youtu.be

I got some serious goosebumps from that song, it is the same song alexi and janne were jamming on the video that appeared like ages ago. Good stuff B)

Hate the vocals.
I kinda agree. It doesn't sound like they are that much better. Halo of Blood had better vocals, even though I didn't really like those either. They sound a bit too 'forced' to me.

And I don't really like how the vocals go with the music. It doesn't really fit them melodically and such. But maybe that's a good thing as now I'm lowering my expectations of the album a bit, so things can go uphill from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda agree. It doesn't sound like they are that much better. Halo of Blood had better vocals, even though I didn't really like those either. They sound a bit too 'forced' to me.

And I don't really like how the vocals go with the music. It doesn't really fit them melodically and such. But maybe that's a good thing as now I'm lowering my expectations of the album a bit, so things can go uphill from here.

dont cry/get upset, it's just one part of one song out of 10 :D Though i like those whisky vocals like in RTHAB's verse

E:
HCDR has some epic melodies still like FTR. But it made COB sound superficial and cheap.
lol :DDDDD are you serious

Yes I think the sound on HCDR is superficial. Of course you have some more atmospheric songs like Angels Don't Kill, Chokehold and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood. The guitar sound isn't too atmospheric so the full potential of Chokehold and Hood aren't brought to light sadly.

The 0:12 - 0:15 part contains some pretty kickass drum fills, listen carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new sample that we received even though i hope alexi won't do use his voice like that throughout the entire song and of course the album .
regardless the vibe does seem to go back .

Alexi just said there's more old school bodom but with an updated sound. I don't know, I honestly don't give a shit what the direction is because I'm never dissapointed. Only reason I point these things out is because a lot of people expect a certain sound and then when it's different they automatically pin it as shit.

However, I haven't heard any "BLUE" yet. Everything to me sounds like HCDR and AYDY so far, especially the keyboards. On the earlier albums the keyboards were key to 'atmosphere' but they were mostly mellow and background. All this new stuff the keyboards are very sharp and distinct. Except the verse of Halo of Blood. As for guitars, the lead stuff definitely sounds modern while the rhythm is very surprisingly old school.

Yes I think the sound on HCDR is superficial. Of course you have some more atmospheric songs like Angels Don't Kill, Chokehold and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood. The guitar sound isn't too atmospheric so the full potential of Chokehold and Hood aren't brought to light sadly.

The 0:12 - 0:15 part contains some pretty kickass drum fills, listen carefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st2DsH6f8c8

Goddamn that sounds so sick. I'll admit the vocals in "you still cry my final goodbyes" bit seemed a bit off on the first couple of listens but the more I listen to it the better it sounds.

That sample is awesome!! I think the vocals are great, you can actually understand the lyrics clearly too

this new track would have a great potential if they raised the synth volume. i dont know how to judge this new part but its blooddrunky to me.