COB start writing new album

I think Malevich owns any metal band in terms of sheer creative power and lyrical subtexts.

I like this album due to the fresh soundworld, the cover artwork, the energetic music, punchy drumming, effective riffs and the orchestral hits. Songwriting is nice but overall not stunning. When the composions get familiar, you re-evaluate how much of your preference is based on soundworld, how much on composions. Many need distance at this point to come back and make a true comparison with fresh ears. I think the weakness is still the thrashy nature that comes up at times, and a slight lack of atmosphere and dark energy. It's still something like a 4/5 album to me. For example the Scream for Silence intro melody already lost its power for me. But it's definitely an album that gives much inspiration when working out or whatever. I like the punchy, crispy, juicy, catchy and grim energy going on at times. I'd still demand slightly more Satanic darkness, unearthly musical ideas and killer hooks to give it a 5. It's a 4. Some songs got pretty amazing content, to an overall satisfying level, but some songs lack a strong influence.

They're now ready for a proper live DVD. It could be one of the greatest live DVD's if done properly. The current live setting is really good, with the wintery lake artwork, the mist, the blue and purple lights... Imagine how that would look on stage in a dark hall concert, accompanied with those horror passages. If they pick an exciting setlist it would be killer. Everybody has their ideas for a setlist of course.

The band should start preparing for a live DVD now. Maybe they should even deliberately put it up on the internet, youtube etc, just to give people a good impression of their show, to attract people to the shows to make money. I believe if a live DVD is bad, then yes, people won't attend a gig, but if it's great, they will not see it as a replacement for going to see a band live, instead they'll want to go see them live even more.

Not because of the intro.

Dude, you've become the new forum troll with all your shite band suggestions and argument seeking fashion. Go back to your cave and listen to your crappy prog-metal.

Scream for silence is a good song, so is RTHAB. Although both have a couple of weaker sections, but so has all the Bodom classics, even fucking Downfall.

Wow, really surprised at how few sold in the US, that's pretty bad actually...

I'm also surprised that on both the facebook poll and spotify the first half of HoB is the more "popular" half. I thought the second half kicked soooo much more ass, other than the title track

They're now ready for a proper live DVD. It could be one of the greatest live DVD's if done properly. The current live setting is really good, with the wintery lake artwork, the mist, the blue and purple lights... Imagine how that would look on stage in a dark hall concert, accompanied with those horror passages. If they pick an exciting setlist it would be killer. Everybody has their ideas for a setlist of course.

I really wish they'd change up the set list, and at least play more songs from HoB than transference and Halo of Blood. The artwork and everything really would make for an awesome video, but unless they choose some different songs it'll just be Stockholm Knockout all over. Should make like a petition or something for them to know we want different songs

I wish they did what Opeth did with their last dvd, play certain album in full (Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper), and then play another set of different songs. Maybe a small break in between sets, then release them as a double DVD.

Dude, you've become the new forum troll with all your shite band suggestions and argument seeking fashion. Go back to your cave and listen to your crappy prog-metal.

Scream for silence is a good song, so is RTHAB. Although both have a couple of weaker sections, but so has all the Bodom classics, even fucking Downfall.
here you go guys, that's why COB are being hated often - their fans can get really obnoxious if they discover some people don't think COB invented music lol Chill bro, i made a valid point which is: the intro's nothing spectacular, the song's good though and moreover it's much better than RTHAB.

I really wish they'd change up the set list, and at least play more songs from HoB than transference and Halo of Blood. The artwork and everything really would make for an awesome video, but unless they choose some different songs it'll just be Stockholm Knockout all over. Should make like a petition or something for them to know we want different songs

Yeah. I personally would prefer them to stop playing Hate Me, HCDR and Needled, because in my opinion they sound bad live, but the fans recognize them so they're "important"... But I would love them to eternalize Chokehold for this DVD, what an amazing live song with interesting soundworld and up-building tension and climax... Warheart maybe, it seemed pretty good last Fall for sure, and it's a very important song imo as it has the truest Bodom soundworld and style. I'd also go for Children of Decadence, full song. Deadnight Warrior for sure. Then I have other personal ideas which I know won't come true (such as Taste of My Scythe, Punch Me I Bleed and all that, even Hatebreeder). From the new album I'm thinking Halo of Blood, Transference, then for a third track either All Twisted or Bodom Blue Moon.

From the new album I'm thinking Halo of Blood, Transference, then for a third track either All Twisted or Bodom Blue Moon.

I think that most of Halo of Blood is live-worthy. I'd especially like to hear Halo of Blood, Transference, BBM, All Twisted, One Bottle and a Knee Deep and Waste of Skin.

And to make room for all that they could drop Blooddrunk entirely. From AYDY they pretty much have to play In Your Face, I guess. No idea how the band feels about RRF - Shovel KO could and should be one that'll stay in their setlist forever but who knows.

A dream setlist for me would include a couple of songs from Something Wild which is more than they seem willing to do, a lot of stuff from Hatebreeder, just the title track and KTS from Follow the Reaper and not much from Hatecrew - bring back Bloodred Riding Hood!