COB US tour with BLS this autumn

Yes, blues oriented iis correct.

Do you even play guitar or know any theory what so ever? Prob not, becsue if you did you would understand what i am talking about.

Yes, blues oriented iis correct.

Do you even play guitar or know any theory what so ever? Prob not, becsue if you did you would understand what i am talking about.

i mean yea he uses the pentatonic scale (not much as kirk hammett) as almost anyone in metal.

but is blues = jazz? i think not

alexi has jazz formation. not blues. different things u know? he uses his jazz knowledge in his composition. so it ISNT BLUES ORIENTATED U RETARD

i mean yea he uses the pentatonic scale (not much as kirk hammett) as almost anyone in metal.

but is blues = jazz? i think not

alexi has jazz formation. not blues. different things u know? he uses his jazz knowledge in his composition. so it ISNT BLUES ORIENTATED U RETARD

Jazz?? It is more blues than anything....I don't care what you think you know about theory.

Show me any example of Jazz in his playing. I can show you numerous blues things, but Jazz....I think not

I don't know a whole lot about Jazz theory, but I do know blues pretty well, and I know enough to know that he doesn't play Jazz.

Jazz?? It is more blues than anything....I don't care what you think you know about theory.

Show me any example of Jazz in his playing. I can show you numerous blues things, but Jazz....I think not

I don't know a whole lot about Jazz theory, but I do know blues pretty well, and I know enough to know that he doesn't play Jazz.

dude he studied in the pop & jazz konservatorio in finland. he knows jazz and classic stuff a LOT. blues is another thing. for sure he uses some classic rock n roll stuff like the famous pentatonic scale (LIKE EVERYBODY THATS WHY U SAY HE IS ALL A BLUES GUY).

dude he studied in the pop & jazz konservatorio in finland. he knows jazz and classic stuff a LOT. blues is another thing. for sure he uses some classic rock n roll stuff like the famous pentatonic scale (LIKE EVERYBODY THATS WHY U SAY HE IS ALL A BLUES GUY).

Yea, I know where he studied....anyone who looks him up on Wiki knows that.

And just because that is the name of the school that he studied at how many years ago??? You still think he is incorporating Jazz into his guitar playing? I think not.

I studied music as well at a place that was more classical than anything. But as I was the one paying I choose to learn what I wanted to learn....rock, blues and some of the theory that goes with it. NOT classical.

Like I said, you show me an example of a song that he wrote using Jazz... anything and I will believe you. Until then...I stick by my words.

If you would like me to point out anything he has written that is bluesy you just let me know and I will point them out to you.

Oh...and just so you know Classic Pentatonic is not a rock and roll scale.....it is a blues scale that rock and roll players use, because rock music was based off blues.

I was planning on attending at least two shows if Bodom were to do another headlining tour, but it looks like I'll only be attending one. Either way, I'm excited that they're coming back. They're also playing in a completely re-vamped venue here that I've never attended a show in, so that could be interesting.
The only real complaint I have about this tour is that Bodom isn't headlining. At least if they were to headline the venue would be a little smaller, which always makes for a better show. They tend to play here quite often, so maybe I'll luck out and get to see them yet again on a headliner tour. Either way, I'll take what I can get.
It does seem a little weird that they're playing Edmonton, and then going to Regina, and then trekking back to Calgary. Usually bands play Edmonton and Calgary back to back, either playing Regina before or after.

I'd rather not see Clutch and whatever other band is supposed to play, although I plan on attempting to maintain a spot on the rail until Bodom are done their set. I'll probably be in the beer gardens for BLS if they headline (which I'm assuming they will do), because I don't really care about them that much. :zzz:

It does suck that they are not headlining, but they will come back around once they release the new cd and headline...so I see this tour as an extra chance to get to see them.

hmm first date of the tour is my city, i doubt i'll go theres way more concerts to be worrying about and to waste money to just see cob who i've seen 4 times wouldn't be worth it

and woah woah holy shit there is no jazz influence in alexi's playing at all, i've legitately been taking real jazz guitar lessons for a while and am planning on majoring in jazz guitar performance at the berklee college of music, i havn't heard one lick of jazz influence with alexi...just standard rock shred

Picked up my October 26th tickets on Saturday for the show........high hopes for some epic guitar playing that night.

Hope to see some of you other Florida guys there....if so let me know...PM me or something.

wow what a shit tour for COB to be on! They should be headlining not opening for lame boring bands like BLS.

You do realize that once they release their new cd they most likely will do their own headlining tour.

BLS is headlining because they are about to release a new cd and this is called the berzerkus tour which also leads me to believe BLS will continue to do something like this and it will prob end up turning into a kind of OzzFest since he isn't going to be doing that anymore.

I can almost guarantee you CoB is doing this tour because Alexi likes BLS and Zakk Wylde and this was the perfect opp. for him to get to play shows with him.

This is all just what I think, so please, no one take this as the word of GOD.

This will be my first time seeing COB and I'm really excited for it. I like BLS pretty well and they put on a good show when I saw them 2 years ago. something I noticed was a lot of you saying COB were opening. COB and Clutch are sharing the "supporting band" label, with 2Cents "opening". I'm hoping that means 20-30 minutes for 2Cents (?) and an hour each for Clutch and COB, but it may be 45 each.

Is the lineup always going to be: 1. 2Cents 2. Bodom 3. Clutch 4. BLS
or is it likely that COB and Clutch will alternate?

Either way, I'm just happy to finally be seeing Bodom. I do hope that they do a US tour in support of their new album though...I'd much rather be seeing them in a headlining spot than support, but any Bodom is good Bodom.

Well, I suppose if Bodom plays before Clutch in my city, it might be a bad thing. I will be going home completely broke because once Bodom's done playing, I intend to find the beer gardens. If they did play before Clutch, at least I wouldn't have to stand at the rail and look bored through Clutch though...

^ COB and Clutch will alternate the main support slot

Cool, thanks for the info. It probably really depends on the band and the venue, but I'm wondering if COB might come out to do a casual meet with fans at the merchandise booth. Usually the openers will do that at these kind of club-like venues. Maybe just wishful thinking, but that would be kickass.

This is a bit of a strange lineup on this tour though. I don't care for 2Cents and I can appreciate Clutch, but it's not my thing. COB are why I'm going...hands down.

Bodom have headlined in the US before, right? Why are they still taking opening slots? Plus, they're in the studio recording: are they really going to be done that fast that they can start touring again? Well, whatever. Once they get on the next actual tour, the one they're headlining for the new album, then I'll get all happy.

One answer of many: diversifying/replenishing their fanbase. That's but one possible (likely?) answer of what I imagine are many different reasons to tour with one of their major influences (and that's surely another one right there). Also, their last record came out two years ago - BLS and Clutch have new "products" to tour on. At the end of the day, I'm sure it boils down to the money and the logistics making sense. Few bands can afford to stay off the road for long these days, and hooking up on that tour makes better sense than shooting themselves in the band's figurative, collective foot to trivialize over headlining/support slots. It's an awesome tour.