COBOT: the Album

Hmm what was the artwork idea again? I remember something with people sending pictures or something?
Since I might have a song on the album after all.. =p

^Ask Enmity, he was the one doing the drawing.

@InnuenDO: If you have a song and want to take part, we'll be happy to take you on board :) Only request is have everything recorded and mastered before the 25th.

And since almost nobody replied and no one offered too, if you're ok with it I'll put the album together. The ones taking part send me the final version of your songs (mixed/mastered/etc...) before the 25th and I'll put them all together in the order I find best (if someone has requests on which place they want I'll attend them if no one is against them) and upload it on the 25th for you all to listen and enjoy :)

Also, Brent: artwork for the album, we need to start finishing it or songs will come and we won't have it.

Sorry dude, I'm not trying to put it off or anything, just live I've said, w/e this vomitting, coughing, aching thing I have is, is kicking my ass, and I've been really busy with school. I have to go out and take care of a few things today but I'll try to get it done tonight, and I'll let you know how it went.

Hmm ok, I guess I'm too late to send a picture right :p

No, you're not too late, go ahead and send it over :)

ENSI!!! I'm back from Vader and I see nothing! :lol:

Sorry dude, I'm not trying to put it off or anything, just live I've said, w/e this vomitting, coughing, aching thing I have is, is kicking my ass, and I've been really busy with school. I have to go out and take care of a few things today but I'll try to get it done tonight, and I'll let you know how it went.

That's ok. Just that we need to get it together so it's not the artwork what pushes back the album. Deadline this time is real, so that was why. But don't worry, if you can't make it we can save the idea for next album and go with something else this time :)

^I don't know, maybe you should try to record an acoustic violin with a good mic and add the effect later on, and/or do several takes and play one note at a time... as a violonist myself, I know how hard it is to play double stops accurately... It's easier to sound in tune by playing only one note.

Your playing is really great though.

@InnuenDO: If you have a song and want to take part, we'll be happy to take you on board :) Only request is have everything recorded and mastered before the 25th.

I think I won't, unless you are very short of tracks and I have too much time, - they won't fit in an metal album. I have some metal songs in work. Let's see what I can do for the following albums.

^I don't know, maybe you should try to record an acoustic violin with a good mic and add the effect later on, and/or do several takes and play one note at a time... as a violonist myself, I know how hard it is to play double stops accurately... It's easier to sound in tune by playing only one note.

Your playing is really great though.

Well, at this point it's not so much a matter of playing in tune, as it is of getting the F*$$^ing distorion right. Adding the effects later on sort of sounds like a good idea, I''l have to see if I can figure it out (have no idea how to do it).

Yeah distortion is tough with electric violin. Violin is such a tough instrument in general, much respect man! I played it for 13 straight years all the way up until I started college. I wish I stuck with it but I got discouraged with it (or the douchey music professors and pompous music students) and haven't touched it in like 3 years.

You are a really good player though! I mixed Ensi's song so I heard your stuff!

HERE IT IS!

Click picture to download!

Many thanks to Lowberg and <-Warheart-> for taking vital part in this project!

I hope all of you will enjoy, and I look forward to the album. :)