COBOT: the Album

Actually, I don't want to sound rude, but this is the most horrible sounding album if ever listened to. The Songs itself were partly recorded with shitty soundqualit< and shitty guitar tones and that what you call ''mixing and mastering'' did destroy the rest..at least try to get a similar sound for each song, or should it sound like a sampler? Most of the drum-sounds are horrible too.
But Mitch's one's pretty good sounding. And guys, these vocals on some tracks..:lol:

CoolFace.jpg

Ohhh, amazing! :kickass:
You guys and gals did a nice job! And I love that regardless of the fact that it's an album made for fun, you all make so much effort to try make it the best you can... it teaches a lot and always allows to improve. :)

Love it! Will listen to album soon.

edit: Black Widow cover is really well done... I'm guessing Mitch on guitars, Lowberg on vocals?

I did the last solo, but all the rhythms were done by children of COB. :)

And to snowy, the idea of the album is not to have all the drums sound the same and all rhythm guitars sound the same like an actual album by a band recorded within months by the same equipement in the same studio with the same engineer etc. It's literally just a collection of songs written by the players on this forum. It's just a way of showing our creative sides and showing others how our music tastes influence our writing.

Here's a tab for my song:
Mitch'um Bach Terror.gp4

Some diminished arpeggios in there for ya, Ensi! :D

And the highlights of this album for me are Ensi's whole track and Crzy_Aus's violin intro!! Kickass guys. Will give the whole album another detail listen later. Great stuff!

And to snowy, the idea of the album is not to have all the drums sound the same and all rhythm guitars sound the same like an actual album by a band recorded within months by the same equipement in the same studio with the same engineer etc. It's literally just a collection of songs written by the players on this forum. It's just a way of showing our creative sides and showing others how our music tastes influence our writing.

duudde, I'm not complaining or asking you to make it different but a overall better sound is not only achievable with recording a record within months with the same equipment and the same engineer (some records are recorded within weeks though :p )
And all in all the idea is great and it's great that you all already managed to make 3 ''records'' and I didn't want to insult your project but as a little wanna-be and hopefully will-be audio engineer I prefer a different sound and I'm still of the opinion that many of the songs could have sounded wwwaaaaayyyy better.
still, track 9 is the perfect example of how I would let any other song of this cd sound like (if that was my record)

Added a Tab section to the album post:)

My tab still misses Crazy Violin Guys tabs and Burgerman's solo.

Also Flapeh, I uploaded your tab to my Dropbox account since SendSpace expires:)

Anyone who have tabs of their songs, post them and i'll add them to this post.

Click pic to download!

Finally we got it done! I sure hope you enjoy this album, it's AWESOME.

Tabs:

03. Flappy - Walking The Path Of Enlightenment
(GP5)
04. Ensi - Paranoia Ablaze (GP5)
09. <-Warheart-> - Mitch'um Bach Terror (GP4)

duudde, I'm not complaining or asking you to make it different but a overall better sound is not only achievable with recording a record within months with the same equipment and the same engineer (some records are recorded within weeks though :p )
And all in all the idea is great and it's great that you all already managed to make 3 ''records'' and I didn't want to insult your project but as a little wanna-be and hopefully will-be audio engineer I prefer a different sound and I'm still of the opinion that many of the songs could have sounded wwwaaaaayyyy better.
still, track 9 is the perfect example of how I would let any other song of this cd sound like (if that was my record)

I agree, the songs could have sounded better, but you do have to take into consideration people's limited recording equipment as they are just sitting there in their rooms, plugged into whatever effects pedal thing that they're using, or amp or whatever it is they own.

But I appreciate the comment, I do 'try' to make my tracks sound as heavy but as clear as possible, starting with how I play, then the tone on the Korg unit I have, and then adjustments in Cool Edit Pro. I try to make very minor tweaks, if any at all.

And yeah, sorry Ensi, I totally forgot!! *shame* :cry: