COBOT: the Album

Eddy: Great song, reminded me of Norther too. Very nice leads.
Zirkonflex: Nice death metal song dude :) Great atmospheric intro and ending, and I really dig your guitar sound. What did you use for recording?
Ensi: Very brutal song, really tight playing (triplets whee). The atmospheric stuff at the end with the violins etc. is really awesome!
Marie: Brutal stuff, I really like that harmony lead at 1:15.
Matias: got some cool riffs in there dude. How's it going with the band?
Crzy_Aus: As I already said before, this song has this awesome ominous feeling. Great stuff, the quote at 0:40 fits very good. Where did you get take that from?
Twisha: Det var mye bra! Det er en brutal sang med flinke harmonier. Lowberg's stemme står også bra til helhetet. Jeg se fram til neste sang ditt :)
Mitch: Very cool song, I really like the riffs and the leads are once again awesome :)
Jose: Very nice dude, it sounds very heavy. I like those harmonics in the intro. Awesome riffs.
Cover song: Awesome work guys :)
Lowberg: You delivered some quite nice vocals to the songs m8!

Also I want to thank Ensi a lot for creating awesome drums for me! :)
Looking forward to the next album!

Just had a listen to the cover on youtube, that´s really great work, guys! Loving your vocals Lowberg. Downloaded the album a few mins ago, and judging from the first song already heard I will enjoy it a lot :)

Here's the cover for those haven't seen it.

I'm soryr if something went wrong, i'm a bit drunk right now

loloololol lettuce derp

Last edited by a moderator:
Crzy_Aus: As I already said before, this song has this awesome ominous feeling. Great stuff, the quote at 0:40 fits very good. Where did you get take that from?

Actually, the bit at 0:40 isn't a quote, it's an original lyric ;) (admittedly influenced by Devil Doll's "The Girl Who Was Death" and Morgul's "Horror Grandeur"). The only quote in the song comes at 4:50, and it's from Baudlaire Here's the full lyric: http://www.sendspace.com/file/trv9o4

Ensi, here's the tab for the violin (the last bit of the solo isn't tabbed just cause I'm lazy ;) ) http://www.sendspace.com/file/f3sjj1

The problem with using GuitarPro for violins is that it still tries to transpose it an octave up as if it were a guitar, so I usually use an "8va" marking to make it look like what it should be. It's not a real 8va

The tab for my song is unedited (the rhythm should be tremolo-picked while the base picked half as fast, and there were some changes in the last few chords), but if anyone cares, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bqeqa3

Damn, the dropbox link is not working for me but apparently it is for everyone else. I listened to the EP and I was impressed (Ensi's song was brootal)! Everyone has improved so much it is great. Hopefully I can listen to the album later, when my internet is working properly *mad face*

Snowy, you are missing the point of this whole collaborative album process. It's about getting the ideas out there, not perfecting the audio sound quality like fucking boring Andy Sneap. No need to put people down because the tracks weren't sonically perfected in an expensive studio. All the drums are programmed, so of course they are not going to sound natural.

My review:

01. Eddy: Holy tittyfuck, this is awesome! The main melody is stuck in my head, and you included Zoey in the song. What moar want a guy has?

02. Zirkonflex: This is some brutal shit! I can feel the brutalness in my cold norwegian blood. Drums are awesome and the intro/outro was great! How did you make them? And what VST did you use for the drums?

03. Flappy: First off, intro is oarsum, and the main rythm is also stuck in my head. Fuck you. The whole song is constructed really well and all parts are great! Woop:D

04. Ensi: OM GHOYL SHIT TIS GOOD

05. Marie: Intro riff got this really... mysterious, dark and epic feel to it. I like it. The whole song sounds very blackened death metal'ish, which is awesome. The solo is great, and when it goes to this slow epic feel, so good.

06. Teh_Phenis: Drop A eh? Sounds heavy. Vocalist could use some training. Some great riffs in this song, which is good, because since you are swedish you are supposed to suck bawls.

07. Crazy Violin Guy: I had already heard your song while tabbing the drums for you. And I still love the intro. It's so ... calm and epicly made. Made of win from the mountain of epic. It goes from that to fucking epic fastdoublebass awesomeness to creepy violin epicly epic epic.

Epic.

08. Twisha: Not to be an asshole, but this is a major improvement from last 2 songs! You've been practising I hear:) Also no 34,6532/346,094 time signatures, which I expected from you, goodie! Vocals fit very well to the well constructed riffs. Good gooooood Twisha!

09. Mitch: Another song with a intro riff that gets stuck in my mind.

Fuck you Mitch.

Why do you have to make so awesome songs.

Fuck you.

10. Hose: Already heard this before, and as I said before I love it! Very good! :)

11. This turned out really well! What to say here? dno

You did fucking great.

Have some cake:

Mocha%2Bcake.jpg

Drums are Superior 2.0 and the all the rest is EastWest GOLIATH, as I said the song originally contained a lot of orchestra, but I left it out.
I got both programms legally and real in CD's ... FUCK YEAH :D

Ok here we go:

Eddy: Awesome man! I really loved the intro quote and then how the song starts all epic. Really tight playing, nice solos and great job overall. Glad we waited for you. I don't care if you say it's low, it's still awesome :p
zirkonflex: Really evil frostbiten sounding track. While the guitar tone wouldn't have fitted in other songs, I think it gives something more to yours, really aggressive and strong. Nice intro too.
Flappy: I want to know your secret! :lol: You say you think you won't have song and then you come with something like this. Cool song bro! Only thing you may wanna check for next album is get rid of some lows on the guitars, but great sounding in general.
Ensi: Again, love it! Nice writing, much more serious this time and massive improvement in tone imho. Cool solos and melodies and nice touch on the violins.
Marie: Really strong tone and nice writing. Sounds kinda evil too, like someone has said somehow blackened dm or the other way round, but nice combination.
Matias: Had already heard those, but nice. Just that, as I told you, you may want to get the individual tracks from the studio guy and give them a look for a fuller sound, but song's nice and playing too :)
Crazy violin guy: I seriously didn't know what to expect from you, but I was really impressed. I particularly liked the clean violin parts and then the parts where there's Marie's guitar on one side and your distorted violin on the other have a cool effect. Looks like you're playing twice as notes as Marie though. Nice feel through the whole song.
Twisha: I agree with Ensi for the most part, including the time signatures hehe. The song sounds
Mitch: I'm seriously gonna stab you next time you say you have nothing or that what you have is crap :lol: How can you say that from such a song? I really enjoyed the whole of it, although there are two clearly differentiable sections: more slow paced and rock-vibe first half and crazy soloing second part. Arcane's solo was quite nice too, good to hear own stuff from him, and your dual solo was ace.
Cover: Each time I listen to it I despise the guitar tone more. I should have let you pick it Ensi :lol: Lowberg did great job with vocals and keys though, and Mitch's solo is really cool too.

Lowberg: Congrats dude, even without own song you're almost in the whole album and I really enjoyed it.

ALSO: I'd like to know opinions on my re-recorded guitars. I've noticed I've set them a bit too loud this time, but anyways, the tone is different and I think fits the song more.

did you get your song louder, i'm back in case you didn't

Yep, I did. Not too much in order not to clip and not to ruin your mastering job, but a lil bit :) I didn't even use limiter because the one I have is crap, so I just made it a bit louder with the volume knobs on Audition :)

On my way to drunk. so hush.

The cover art looks great!! love it :D and I'd rather listen to the ablum when completely sober. Takk for staying up and finishing it Daniel :)

Thanks :) It was the only semi decent reaper I could find on the internet amongst 2398347834578304579340 FTR covers :lol:

Love it! Will listen to album soon.

edit: Black Widow cover is really well done... I'm guessing Mitch on guitars, Lowberg on vocals?

Guitars on the right: Ensi
Guitars on the left: me
Bass: me
Guitar solo: Mitch
Vocals: Lowberg
Drums: Addictive Drums
Keys: Reason

That was the full lineup :)

duudde, I'm not complaining or asking you to make it different but a overall better sound is not only achievable with recording a record within months with the same equipment and the same engineer (some records are recorded within weeks though :p )
And all in all the idea is great and it's great that you all already managed to make 3 ''records'' and I didn't want to insult your project but as a little wanna-be and hopefully will-be audio engineer I prefer a different sound and I'm still of the opinion that many of the songs could have sounded wwwaaaaayyyy better.
still, track 9 is the perfect example of how I would let any other song of this cd sound like (if that was my record)

Well, sure some of us would like to get our tracks to sound better, but e.g. Ensi's I think sounds pretty good too, and the drums, for beeing programmed drums, I think that sound pretty nice. Sure no natural feeling as most of this was recorded via Toneports or such and drums were all virtual besides Matias' though :)

@Flappy: Thanks duuude! Yeah, It's going good. We are looking for another gig right now and are about to start rehearsing more often because the drummer thought the breaks are too long.

@Jose: Thanks :oops: Yeah, but I'm really not arsed. For once in my life I don't have to give a shit about the files :lol: Still, I think it's the lack of time that shows. Should have been alot less rushed =/

@Zirkonflex: Thanks =D

@Enseh: Yeah, I agree on that. Although I ain't swedish, you fag! :mad:

Snowy, you are missing the point of this whole collaborative album process. It's about getting the ideas out there, not perfecting the audio sound quality like fucking boring Andy Sneap. No need to put people down because the tracks weren't sonically perfected in an expensive studio. All the drums are programmed, so of course they are not going to sound natural.

I didn't intend to put people down or to make the drums sound natural.
I get the point of the collabroative album thing but that doesn't mean I would have prefered a different sound.