COBOT: the Album

I thought I would check back in and see how everyone was doing. I'm really proud of all of you, this came out great. It's a shame that the internet is the best way to meet good musicians now days, because any 4 of you together would make an amazing band. I'm sorry for not being able to help more :(

Well, the fuck, if we lived close enough I'm sure we would. Internet is just cool for lifting those space restrictions :)

You, my friend, are insane :) Have you seen how much this goes through? If it were Ensi and me, probably we could have one for Christmas, but usually people take more time. Don't remember about the others, but this one started rolling on May or so, and had a Halloween release.

Well, what I have seen is the people doing most of the work right before deadline ;) Myself, it took a bit over a month of leisurely work on weekends to write and complete the song... I'm sure many of you would be able to pull it off as well. It need not be as serious or involved as an actual album, or even as long as one. I was thinking a few collab tracks, a few covers, maybe with some dicking around on the holiday season topic.

So I guess my offer is still standing for those willing to pick it up, I was just thinking I'll have a whole week of free time on Thanksgiving, and I'd rather do something productive >___<

PS: fuckall, the stupid edit button fails me....

Lowberg: Great vocal peformance on every song you did, esp. Eddy's song, your voice must be fucked :lol:
Also I probably preferred your solo on Ensi's song to his :lol: (sorry Ensi)

Haha Thanks dude, but ensi's solo ruled so hard too. And I have to say I could never write such an epic song like ensi's to begin with so mad props to Ensi. I shit my pants when I first heard it.

And actually my voice was fine though out recording everyone's song. I've been doing these type of vocals for almost 5 years now, I finally figured out how to get them to sound good and not hurt my voice haha.

Okay, I have to admit, I did wear it out a little on ensi's track but it was only because I was trying to make it ultra brutal for his ultra brutal song

Srsly though, we should pull off a Vodka cover (Korpiklaani) for the upcoming holidays. Does anyone play the accordion? :lol:

I think a Xmas release would be a good idea. If people can't make it, then they can't make it, but for those that can, it would be a great thing. I'll try and get something sorted, like some cover of a Xmas tune, or write one, or something jolly or whatever.

Released between Dec 25th and Jan 1st or something, absolutely no extensions, would be good, imo.

^ Thanks for support man. I've thought up a few jolly tracks myself, but I'm yet to write anything down; there's still a bunch of time though.

I'm glad he listens to you at least :) BTW could you please try get Roope listen to it since you have him added and all? Or would that be off the hook?

Well whatever you say, but you are a fucking awesome player.
The notes were like ZOOMZOOM WHOOSHWHOOSH, just like Mitch.

Well, what I have seen is the people doing most of the work right before deadline ;) Myself, it took a bit over a month of leisurely work on weekends to write and complete the song... I'm sure many of you would be able to pull it off as well. It need not be as serious or involved as an actual album, or even as long as one. I was thinking a few collab tracks, a few covers, maybe with some dicking around on the holiday season topic.

So I guess my offer is still standing for those willing to pick it up, I was just thinking I'll have a whole week of free time on Thanksgiving, and I'd rather do something productive >___<

PS: fuckall, the stupid edit button fails me....

Hey! I wasn't really picking on you but on the fact that people usually take more :lol: I'm in for sure if we do it :)

OK LETS DO COBOT: THE ALBUM VOL IV

DEADLINE: TOMORROW.

Actually I could do that. I have a quite basic punk/rock song written from long ago (when I bought Kylähullut's first EP I got this urge to write something like that :lol:) and it just needs couple solos or vocals in there :) Not sure about vocals cos singer sings in Spanish and it'd lead to you all going "burrito" and "taco" over my song :lol::lol::lol:

I thought I would check back in and see how everyone was doing. I'm really proud of all of you, this came out great. It's a shame that the internet is the best way to meet good musicians now days, because any 4 of you together would make an amazing band. I'm sorry for not being able to help more :(

zomg you aren't dead :O
Did you battle Swine Flu like a man?

Next goal - a 35-second song that's about as insane, so you can play it 8 times within 5 minutes for a more effective workout :lol:

:lol::lol:

Why not! :lol: Well, maybe not. It was just a plain heavy song we made to be no-bullshit-straight-to-the-fucking-thing kind of style. Other songs are ranging between 4 and 5 minutes I would say. If I would play grindcore...maybe then :lol: Too bad I hate grindcore.

I think a Xmas release would be a good idea. If people can't make it, then they can't make it, but for those that can, it would be a great thing. I'll try and get something sorted, like some cover of a Xmas tune, or write one, or something jolly or whatever.

Released between Dec 25th and Jan 1st or something, absolutely no extensions, would be good, imo.

I think a release on Dec 25th would be awesome for a Christmas album. We should all write/arrange x-mas songs, and have some kind of metal santa claus on the cover.

Cool thing could be, that we have a limited amount of xmas songs, and people record it in metal style. Release 25dec, tho xmas in on 24 here.

I RESERVE SANTA CLAUSE IS COMING TO TAOWN.