COBOT: the Album

Release date should probably be 23rd, so that people aren't frantically working right on the day of Christmas.

I might do one, maybe (Have Yourself A) Merry Little Christmas

I had another listen to the album on my way home this eve, and although I´m aware that noone really cares about my opinion since I know shit about music, I still want you to know that I think you all did a great work and evolved a lot in your writing and playing skills (compared to the first, but also to the second album, which is only a few months old if I remember right). Each of the songs has its own style and highlights, you complement each other quite well in a way. I´m enjoying the outcome a lot and added a few songs to my playlist :D So please keep it up guys! (and gals!) :)

Too bad I hate grindcore.

Boo at you. BOO. Grindcore is one of the most hilarious things Humanity has created.

I have some floating ideas for a metal potpouri on Russian children's New Year's songs. I was also contemplating writing a gruesome remake of some traditional American children's Christmas poem.

Also, I vote that we do a Korpiklaani Vodka cover. Who wants to do the guitars and the base? I'll cover for the violin, of course :Smug:

Marie, do you want violins on your SNBN cover? I recall having covered that song a long time ago, so maybe you could do one guitar and I'd to the other, and then maybe share the solos or something? :oops:

Cool thing could be, that we have a limited amount of xmas songs, and people record it in metal style. Release 25dec, tho xmas in on 24 here.

I RESERVE SANTA CLAUSE IS COMING TO TAOWN.

i might do that hippy feed the world song but change it to buttraep the world or some shit

idk

@Crzy_Aus: I'm in for guitars in Vodka :)

Would be cool with metalized xmas songs.

Also Eddy, added your tab and lyrics. If anyone else want to add, post em.

All metalized x-mas?

I had another listen to the album on my way home this eve, and although I´m aware that noone really cares about my opinion since I know shit about music, I still want you to know that I think you all did a great work and evolved a lot in your writing and playing skills (compared to the first, but also to the second album, which is only a few months old if I remember right). Each of the songs has its own style and highlights, you complement each other quite well in a way. I´m enjoying the outcome a lot and added a few songs to my playlist :D So please keep it up guys! (and gals!) :)

@Crzy_Aus: I'm in for guitars in Vodka :)

Awesum. Now all we need is a base, and a tab. Hopefully I shall procure one before next weekend (I busy with a concert this weekend), and make some stylistic edits to perhaps make the cover more unique (I was thinking, maybe add a longer solo?).

^ Vocals may be a bit of a problem. I'll try singing, but my voice isn't really all that raspy. If it sucks too bad, we'll have to just go instrumental.

oops, I accidentally said SNBN but I meant Silent Night... I suck :lol:

Fuck. I was getting hopeful there :lol:

I think a release on Dec 25th would be awesome for a Christmas album. We should all write/arrange x-mas songs, and have some kind of metal santa claus on the cover.

Sounds good to me.

I can't stop listening to the harpsichord part in Mitch's song.

FEELS GOOD MAN

Cheeeers! :kickass: I wrote that without a guitar, I just tapped it all into GP4, I was rather proud! I definitely wanted to use it in a song for the COBOT album at some point.

hey mitch can i play your song mitchum bach terror with my band??

That would be awesome, yeah! Try and get a recording of it, I'd love to hear. :kickass:

oops, I accidentally said SNBN but I meant Silent Night... I suck :lol:

I think you could incorperate a COB style into it, with 'BODOM NIGHT' screamed after an innocent sounding girl sings "siiiiilent niiiiiiight"...etc :lol: