COBOT: the Album

can somebody help me writing a good riff for a song ive got??
ill send the tab to your email....

Face_Palm_by_magicswordz.jpg

that allows me to send stuff to an email!!
where does mitch have the tabs stored?? thats the way to go

I have a server that I use and upload them there.

That dropbox thing is the same kinda thing, I think anyone can use it? Never tried...

Just upload it to sendspace, and post the link here. :)

Jose, here's a link to a few Xmas songs:
http://xmasfun.com/lyrics.asp

Popular ones are:

All I Want For Christmas Is You
Away In A Manger
Deck The Halls
Do They Know It's Christmas
Frosty The Snowman
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Here Comes Santa Claus
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa
Jingle Bells
Jingle Bell rock
Joy To The World
Let It Snow, Let It Snow
O Christmas Tree
O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Oh Holy Night
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Rudoulph The Red Nose Reindeer
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Silent Night
The First Noel
The Twelve Days Of Christmas
We Three Kings
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Winter Wonderland

A shit load on UG to listen to, too:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/misc_christmas_tabs.htm

Or better yet grab yourselves the "We Wish you A very Metal x-mas" album from last year and give it a listen :kickass:

I don't have all that much time atm to write anything (maybe Friday), and also beware, I don't play guitar so you'd have to adjust fingerings yourself.

I absence of any immediate help, here's a few suggestions:

A cool Bodom-style intro to the song. I suggest you don't lose the lower parts of the chords in the keys after measure 18.

Here's one way to take it from here - write a verse riff starting 30. It's probably best to not re-use the same one as intro, but make something new. A simple repeating chord progression would work just fine (I was thinking something like D-B-F-C; D-B-F-G - cliche but practical; you could also build on the progression you used in keys earlier but give that to guitars). Once that's out of the way, you may or may not want to add extra "frills" to it. Most of the "unfinished" feeling will likely be covered up by vocals later on.

Then, some sort of "intermission". Probably a heavy "headbanging" riff. A short guitar run and transition back to verse.

Verse again.

After that, transition and chorus (some variation of intro riff).

Then, any sort of cool bridge and back with an instrumental section, possibly a solo. Transition back to the original chord progression or similar, in background with a funky guitar solo. Write something that you think not only sounds cool, but is also within your skill range to play ;)

Back to chorus. Then maybe a repeat of chorus, with an intensified riff. Short outro.

There's of course numerous ways to do it differently. This is how I've noticed most recent bodom songs, or other generic melodeath songs of similar style usually go.

IM DONE. DEAD LINE TOMORROW!!

:lol: But seriously, I've got my ideas...got my backing track, played it through literally about 45 times since yesterday...just gotta record it whenever, so will probably do another. :D