COBOT: the Album

...bump!

Hey, what the ****, this can't be on the second page... you'd all risk to forget recording your stuff for Christmas, otherwise!!! :mad:

Ahh, I dunno, I'm too fucking slammed with end-of-semester shit right now; maybe in two weeks.

COCOB, if you're still up for that Vodka cover, I have the violin part recorded:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to contribute to the next album but I don't have an PX4D yet and I'm doubting wether I should buy a new pickup (J50BC) or an recording device (KORG PX4D or Toneport GX)..
Not that I'm a good player or anything.. o_O

I'd love to contribute to the next album but I don't have an PX4D yet and I'm doubting wether I should buy a new pickup (J50BC) or an recording device (KORG PX4D or Toneport GX)..
Not that I'm a good player or anything.. o_O

You have an EMG-81, they are great.

A recording interface would benefit you ALOT more in the long run. Seriously.

I don't see a problem.

Sooner or later I want that pickup anyway and I'm (very probably, the guy I'm talking about is ok with holding it for me until I get some money) able to get one soon, but I can't buy the recording interface and let him wait for another period of time, that's just too much to ask from somebody.

I'm greatfull if I can buy it and I don't want to spill my chances on getting it, unless he makes it expensive then I probably won't do it but I know him as a fair guy so :lol:

He also has an JE1200 which he's gonne replace so maybe I can buy that with it. :) That'd be awesome

Gahhh, with everyone using the same J50BC+JE1000/JE1200 pickup you'd think It's good. I really hate Alexi's tone though and I get sick of seeing how many are using the exact pup as his old Jacksons.

I mean, come on guys! The EMG 81 is a good pickup, the Blackout is a good pickup. And don't even get me started if you get a Lundgren or Bareknuckle! They sound absolutely amazing. So far there is nothing to prove the J50BC and JE1000 sounds even close to as amazing.

It's not even versatile! And I would bet my left testicle that 99.5% wouldn't need or can't use one properly anyway. Also, @TheScythed: You will barely notice any difference with that amp you are using. No offence. I'm just saying.

Gahhh, with everyone using the same J50BC+JE1000/JE1200 pickup you'd think It's good. I really hate Alexi's tone though and I get sick of seeing how many are using the exact pup as his old Jacksons.

I mean, come on guys! The EMG 81 is a good pickup, the Blackout is a good pickup. And don't even get me started if you get a Lundgren or Bareknuckle! They sound absolutely amazing. So far there is nothing to prove the J50BC and JE1000 sounds even close to as amazing.

It's not even versatile! And I would bet my left testicle that 99.5% wouldn't need or can't use one properly anyway. Also, @TheScythed: You will barely notice any difference with that amp you are using. No offence. I'm just saying.

The EMG 81 is kinda raw, sterile. I much prefer the Blackout over it.
I love Alexi's tone (by coïncidence really, not because of the OMG-Alexi-had-it aspect but because I do like the tone it gives) and I don't like Lundgren or Bareknucles, those aren't for me.
Best pickup for sale and still in production today for me are Blackouts, but I barely hear difference between the AHB-2 and AHB-1.

And I know, but the amp fits me quite well for now. Of course, I'd like a rack with the fitting GP-1000 but I can't afford such things (yet) and I can use headphone, mp3-in, footswitch and playing guitar simultaneously and I like to for the late hours (you do not want to talk to my neighbours about me playing, I play a LOT and they hate me for doing that I guess :D)

Still, I like the J50BC better then the blackout, although it kinda has a low output imo.. The booster solves that. :headbang:

I like Alexi's tone on SW and HB, FTR it was too sterile/artificial sounding, HCDR was okayish, but AYDY and BD (esp. AYDY) is waaaay too yucky and artificial.
Duncans and DiMarzios ftw!

I love Alexi's tone (by coïncidence really, not because of the OMG-Alexi-had-it aspect but because I do like the tone it gives) and I don't like Lundgren or Bareknucles, those aren't for me.
Best pickup for sale and still in production today for me are Blackouts, but I barely hear difference between the AHB-2 and AHB-1.

And I know, but the amp fits me quite well for now. Of course, I'd like a rack with the fitting GP-1000 but I can't afford such things (yet) and I can use headphone, mp3-in, footswitch and playing guitar simultaneously and I like to for the late hours (you do not want to talk to my neighbours about me playing, I play a LOT and they hate me for doing that I guess :D)

Still, I like the J50BC better then the blackout, although it kinda has a low output imo.. The booster solves that. :headbang:

CAUTION: WALL OF TEXT

Come on man. Every damn pickup you have will sound sterile through a Line 6 Spider. I had a RR24 and I got a tube amp, It's true the EMG 81 does sound pretty sterile and raw but It had a really nice bite to it and piercing lead tone(Like Alexi lol).

Still, I would like to point out that looking at what you are aiming at is pretty much all Alexi and you saying you are by coincidence liking and not being fanboy. I've been there myself and I was just lying to myself, I wanted his playing and tone. I am pretty sure that in a few years when you open up to more and new music and start to overlook gear and prioritize the music and playing more you will not feel the same.

I am not picky with pickups or pedals or amps. I just play through what I can get my hands on. It just happens I have pretty nice rig and I get a killer tone

Schecter C-7 Hellraisr
Randall RH50T
Behringer crap cabinet 4x12
Boss SD-1
MXR M-108
Ibanez Weeping demon

And I don't even use the 2 last pedals right now, I would have to get a pedalboard and get a noisegate. I only drive pure guitar through the overdrive and into the head. Sounds killer! Even with my Ibanez which has those horrible(well not through my amp) V7/V8 pickups.

It's more about the amp! Get a new amp and you will be fine. The pickup and boost is a waste of money right now.

My opinion though. And sorry for wall of text!

tl;dr Fanboyism detected, get new amp, spider 3 sucks, my gear is good.

EDIT: Was not trying to offend or anything. I am just pretty sure that in your subconcious mind It's more the admiring of Alexi and a bit of idolizing that makes you want to go that way. If not, good for you. This is my theory though.

well the 81's give a sterile sound, agreed. but its a fucking biting and powerful one. of course, you have to like it, if you do, they're awesome. if you don't, you'll never be happy with them. i guess that's with most of the metal pickups.

i think seymour duncan blackout is the best metal pup, ill get it if i buy an al 600 scythe but if i buy the edwards sawtooth w emg hz h4 and mm 04 i think ill keep the electronics..

@charli

1. Ensi will tell you, unless you're using mega t00b stacks blackouts sound sterile and yucky.
2. What guitar do you have now? I'm intrigued.