COBOT: the Album

The only thing i dont like with schecter is that their 7's and 8's don't have a true baritone scale, but i guess thats just me :p

You mean LTD-400? 600 are signatures. Also, Agile guitars and Schecter are awesome! Schecters are really solid.

Ah, fair enough.
Also Agiles always have licensed trems and cost loads to ship.
Forgot Schecter, <3 them too.
WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DISCONTINUE THE V-7 ;_;

^^Not true baritone, but it's still extended and works really good! I do like the 26.5 scale :) Love the necks too!

^Wasn't it just a limited edition model? The Agile's I was thinking of were fixed though. Especially the Agile Septor 727 are awesome!

I bought my RR24 for it's features, it's looks and the fact I've always loved Rhoadses. I just can't help it, I think it's the nicest shape ever produced, and I suspect that there are alot of jackson's to come into my house..

And again, not just about alexi also having played a very similar one, because then I would buy an Edwards or an ESP. Fact is I've always been a fan of Jackson-guitars and now I have my own this is only getting stronger with the second.

I suggest to just go to all kinds of stores to try every possible model you might like and choose what's best for you. ALSO TRY OTHER MODELS, you REALLY should do that. I know rhoads have been my thing from the first minute I played them, but they don't work for a lot of people. If you haven't even played them all yet just wait with your decision and while you're at it just try every guitar that looks good to you.

CAUTION: WALL OF TEXT

Come on man. Every damn pickup you have will sound sterile through a Line 6 Spider. I had a RR24 and I got a tube amp, It's true the EMG 81 does sound pretty sterile and raw but It had a really nice bite to it and piercing lead tone(Like Alexi lol).

Still, I would like to point out that looking at what you are aiming at is pretty much all Alexi and you saying you are by coincidence liking and not being fanboy. I've been there myself and I was just lying to myself, I wanted his playing and tone. I am pretty sure that in a few years when you open up to more and new music and start to overlook gear and prioritize the music and playing more you will not feel the same.

I am not picky with pickups or pedals or amps. I just play through what I can get my hands on. It just happens I have pretty nice rig and I get a killer tone

Schecter C-7 Hellraisr
Randall RH50T
Behringer crap cabinet 4x12
Boss SD-1
MXR M-108
Ibanez Weeping demon

And I don't even use the 2 last pedals right now, I would have to get a pedalboard and get a noisegate. I only drive pure guitar through the overdrive and into the head. Sounds killer! Even with my Ibanez which has those horrible(well not through my amp) V7/V8 pickups.

It's more about the amp! Get a new amp and you will be fine. The pickup and boost is a waste of money right now.

My opinion though. And sorry for wall of text!

tl;dr Fanboyism detected, get new amp, spider 3 sucks, my gear is good.

EDIT: Was not trying to offend or anything. I am just pretty sure that in your subconcious mind It's more the admiring of Alexi and a bit of idolizing that makes you want to go that way. If not, good for you. This is my theory though.

Yes, you are right, but I have the amp for only 1 year now and it sounded good back then (beginner ears..) but it sounds more digital every day to me, kinda yucky. Still, I can't just get a good tube amp, it's too expensive for me and retubing is too. I can hook up an headphone, my iphone and go playing all the night with it. I don't think you can do that..

Of course, my fanboyism for bodom (which is there, trust me :lol:) has SOMETHING to do with my choice in pickups and sound, but the tone itself is what I fall for, and it would be plain stupid to adjust to a tone because another artist already uses/used it. Of course I will get one neat amp when I get a job and have space for that, but that just isn't a real option for a 15-year old, capiche? :D

My choice in guitars and rigs really doesn't have to do much with alexi and roope, of course there's always a bit that makes you think 'hey, my hero played something like this' but still buying gear out of those thoughts would be simply dumb.
I'm open to alot of guitars but for my OWN personal preference I found that tone the best one I've heard yet and I want it. My taste in guitars (Jackson Rhoads) is also strictly personal. I know it is a REAL coïncidence for another alexi-fanboy to join the forum wanting all the gear he had, and most will probably not believe me but it is what I like best.

You bought it for it's features but first thing you want to do is to install another pickup...^^

Yeah, and being the fanboy I am (and this isn't sarcasm :D) I will probably replace the hardware to gold too (but not quite yet, I'm quite pleased with it as is but eventually I probably will).
Also I'd like to own Alexi's Rack (his guitar-rack that is containing the GP-1000 and the VHT poweramp) but hey you can't have it all.
Now all go on, flame me do whatever you want or call me naïve, it's my personal preference (again) and I'm not adjusting that because it makes me seem like a brainless ALEXI-OMFG-OMFG-ALEXI fag.

:lol: I'm a kind guy, I try to help!

Exactly, I was a huge fanboy. I even owned the Finnish LTD signature version of Alexi's guitar. It sucked ass!!!!

Well, My advice is try out different stuff! Be open to every shape, type and kind of guitar. Just don't spend your money on a one trick pony you will want to get rid off.

so whats better the alexi or rr shape for comfort?

I give up.

EDIT: @TheScythed: You afford new gold hardware and pickup but not a new amp? You still missed my point. You will not make the guitar sound any better or even different with that amp :lol:

Also, I was 15 when I got my Randall. I just got a summerjob and bought it. Also, yes I can play with headphones...I have a Line 6 UX1. Which can NOT be compared to a Spider at all...

Yes, you are right, but I have the amp for only 1 year now and it sounded good back then (beginner ears..) but it sounds more digital every day to me, kinda yucky. Still, I can't just get a good tube amp, it's too expensive for me and retubing is too. I can hook up an headphone, my iphone and go playing all the night with it. I don't think you can do that..

Of course, my fanboyism for bodom (which is there, trust me :lol:) has SOMETHING to do with my choice in pickups and sound, but the tone itself is what I fall for, and it would be plain stupid to adjust to a tone because another artist already uses/used it. Of course I will get one neat amp when I get a job and have space for that, but that just isn't a real option for a 15-year old, capiche? :D

My choice in guitars and rigs really doesn't have to do much with alexi and roope, of course there's always a bit that makes you think 'hey, my hero played something like this' but still buying gear out of those thoughts would be simply dumb.
I'm open to alot of guitars but for my OWN personal preference I found that tone the best one I've heard yet and I want it. My taste in guitars (Jackson Rhoads) is also strictly personal. I know it is a REAL coïncidence for another alexi-fanboy to join the forum wanting all the gear he had, and most will probably not believe me but it is what I like best.

Yeah, and being the fanboy I am (and this isn't sarcasm :D) I will probably replace the hardware to gold too (but not quite yet, I'm quite pleased with it as is but eventually I probably will).
Also I'd like to own Alexi's Rack (his guitar-rack that is containing the GP-1000 and the VHT poweramp) but hey you can't have it all.
Now all go on, flame me do whatever you want or call me naïve, it's my personal preference (again) and I'm not adjusting that because it makes me seem like a brainless ALEXI-OMFG-OMFG-ALEXI fag.

Holy shit..

Please do whatever you want, it's your money, you play your gear, and we don't have to hear it. But you're a huge fanboi and you're gonna regret it as soon as you grow tired of cob, but that might take a while.

And ask user opinions on the j50bc, I heard it was pretty lame, and is definetly blown away by the power of the 81. I'd still get a new amp or interface first, running expensive guitars through a shit amp is overkill.

But as I said, do whatever you want to do.

power? As in gain? Because seriously guys, getting overly hot pickups because they're overly hot is retarded, we have plenty of amp gain and overdrive pedals for that, having really hot wound pickups was probably leet in the 60's and 70's, but its almost fucking 2010 now.

And if you're an advocate of hte 81 but also against the "loudness war" in your sig, then you're a hypocrite, i cant think of a pickup that makes more of a "block" in waveform than the 81.

:p Honestly though, i've heard both things about the j50bc, some swear by it because of its mid properties, others loathe it. That being said, the height of that pickup is paramount to getting it sound right, if its too low its gonna sound like ass, if its too high you'll(apparently) get that "wolf" sound that people talk about, not that ive heard it myself

IMO people should remember that there are such things as guitar stores and check out stuff for themselves, see what they like best.
If you're like me and only have one tiny local store then get some good proper fucking headphones and scour the nets for all the guitars and pickups with good features/properties. Anyone who wouldn't want to take up their time doing that is fucking lazy, it's their money they'd be pissing away.

Yeah I took your point. You're right.
I will probably be buying an recording interface soon.
Any words on the best one for me? I think the Toneport (now Pod Studio) would be the cheapest (GX version) but I heard the KORG PX4D's are good aswell..
Any ideas on what would be best?

And yes, again, I am an fanboy and I won't say I'm not because it's the truth, but I try on reducing the factor it influencing my personal needs, so thanks for the heads up. You saved me from taking stupid choices which I'm not in need of right now.

And this isn't sarcasm btw :D

Yeah I took your point. You're right.
I will probably be buying an recording interface soon.
Any words on the best one for me? I think the Toneport (now Pod Studio) would be the cheapest (GX version) but I heard the KORG PX4D's are good aswell..
Any ideas on what would be best?

And yes, again, I am an fanboy and I won't say I'm not because it's the truth, but I try on reducing the factor it influencing my personal needs, so thanks for the heads up. You saved me from taking stupid choices which I'm not in need of right now.

And this isn't sarcasm btw :D

Awesome! :D

And the Toneport rocks bawls, I have one, lots of people here do, but it will take a while to get a good tone from it (or just ask someone else for theirs :lol:). You could ask Mitch about the Korg PX4, he has one, you can hear it in his vids.

power? As in gain? Because seriously guys, getting overly hot pickups because they're overly hot is retarded, we have plenty of amp gain and overdrive pedals for that, having really hot wound pickups was probably leet in the 60's and 70's, but its almost fucking 2010 now.
Preference, I play almost exclusively death metal and my chain is a guitar and an amp, I don't have effects, I don't love 81, it's okay, but it slays j50bc imo.

And if you're an advocate of hte 81 but also against the "loudness war" in your sig, then you're a hypocrite, i cant think of a pickup that makes more of a "block" in waveform than the 81.

You can't have both dynamics and crushing distortion, but even if my signal is heavily compressed, it doesn't have to be loud, but I see what you mean. Dynamics isn't what I'm looking for in death metal after all.

IMO people should remember that there are such things as guitar stores and check out stuff for themselves, see what they like best.
If you're like me and only have one tiny local store then get some good proper fucking headphones and scour the nets for all the guitars and pickups with good features/properties. Anyone who wouldn't want to take up their time doing that is fucking lazy, it's their money they'd be pissing away.

Keep in mind stores are limited and don't have 25 models of each guitar and amp brand, you have to be lucky you can find the guitar you're looking for in a store, let alone 2 guitars you want to compare. Jackson, esp and bc might be easy to find here, but then again if you want to try a less common brand.

Awesome! :D

And the Toneport rocks bawls, I have one, lots of people here do, but it will take a while to get a good tone from it (or just ask someone else for theirs :lol:). You could ask Mitch about the Korg PX4, he has one, you can hear it in his vids.

I guess it's okay for its price, but definetly not rocking bawls:lol:

ah whatever, opinions