COBOT: the Album

Cool, man! Let us know how that's progressing!

I'm still debating whether I should go with that Russian songs idea, or do some sort of Belphegor knock-off song mixed with an Xmas song ("Shred for Santa", "Satan Claus is coming to town", etc.)

@Mitch: What song are you doing again, exactly? I forget >__>

I don't wanna say. :) It's nothing special, but I do like surprises...which is why it was annoying to see everyone uploading their tabs of their song like a month before the release date!! Of course I don't have to download it, but it's too tempting! :D

^ Ugh, I hate you now :lol:

There's a good reason to post tabs here: PM box is limited, thread space is unlimited ;)

But I mean...before the release, we'd get a tab uploaded for everyone to hear, but it's supposed to be a surprise? So it's better upon first listen. At least, that's the way I see it.

^ You could try justify your crime against humanity that way :lol:

I mean, that sounds just fine to me. Technically, it's mostly people who participate who visit here, and the songs are often collab. anyway, but I guess if you wanna make sure...

Although, curiosity is still fucking killing me :lol:

Jose, here's a link to a few Xmas songs:
http://xmasfun.com/lyrics.asp

Popular ones are:

All I Want For Christmas Is You
Away In A Manger
Deck The Halls
Do They Know It's Christmas
Frosty The Snowman
Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
Here Comes Santa Claus
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa
Jingle Bells
Jingle Bell rock
Joy To The World
Let It Snow, Let It Snow
O Christmas Tree
O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Oh Holy Night
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Rudoulph The Red Nose Reindeer
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Silent Night
The First Noel
The Twelve Days Of Christmas
We Three Kings
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Winter Wonderland

A shit load on UG to listen to, too:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/misc_christmas_tabs.htm

Thanks a lot dude, will check them out and decide on something :)

I don't wanna say. :) It's nothing special, but I do like surprises...which is why it was annoying to see everyone uploading their tabs of their song like a month before the release date!! Of course I don't have to download it, but it's too tempting! :D

I actually agree 200% with this, it's much more fun when you know nothing about what you're gonna find. I'm gonna go the same. Hopefully noone will pick the same song I do :lol:

Nao, how's evrerybody doing with their songs??

In the meantime, here's my tab for my song on the last COBOT album, some solos aren't tabbed though, but hopefully you enjoy it :)

Walking On Thin Ice - Jose

EDIT: BTW I think I've picked my X-mas song for the album :) Now, time to metal/rock it, should be fun :kickass: Thanks for the awesome list and resource Mitch!

If anyone needs help on making sounds for their respective synths ill try and help with what knowledge i have, recently sold off my "Janne Keyboard" so am currently working on making some COB sounds on my X50.

Nice :) I'm struggling more than expected to turn my X-mas song into rock/metal :lol: This is the kind of moment when I hate not knowing a lil bit of theory to just figure out keys and all and not be randomly trying chords and all.

Hey guys,
really good stuff on these albums.
I'd really like to contribute if it is not too late.
btw. due to the fact that I have a lot stress atm I maybe won't be able to compose a whole song, but I have a lot stuff which I haven't used in my songs up to now.
Maybe it fits somewhere. Ah yes and I play guitar and can growl, but I would prefer the guitar work =)
Maybe I can upload some of our songs soon as an example.

However, and I wanted to ask if I may use some melodies and chord progressions from the Bottom of the Barrel solo.
Of course only if Lowberg is okay with it.

^ Oh yeah, now we have one more person to do the vocals, awesum! I'm sure everyone would like that (esp. Lowberg :lol:).

Do show off some of your previous stuff, that'd be interesting.

Anyone doing anything for this?

I've got mine written, but my pc is dead atm so I can't access my files!! I've been using my mum's laptop for like 2 weeks...

I'm arranging some X-mas song into something more metal for the X-mas album, but I also already have my song for the next album we do after X-mas... there are gonna be vocals on this one !!!!!!!!!