COBOT: the Album

yeah, that deadline sounds good, since school will resume for everyone around that time. we should definitely try to finish this up before then. altho, it looks like not everybody is going to do something. Maybe you should give those other people a chance who said that they'd like to participate but couldn't cuz the list was full.

and I really hope fetzer gets his internet connection stable again...otherwise his song might wont be complete without him.

Anyone else done anything for this project, except the few people that have reported starting something?????

I've got some vocals written for my song with Marie. Will probably be re-writing some sections once I'm done with the semester.

I'm also going to basically insist that Marie and I spend one day working on the song while I'm up in Canada, so we should have something done in about three weeks.

And just FYI, I've been practicing to Melissa Cross' DVD's, so my vocals should sound somewhat better than what you've previously heard from me.

6th of January sounds ok, though Kevin was supposed to do a keyboard solo on my song... I don't know if it's too early for him to send me a final version of that. Besides, I've just fixed my amp and bought a new pedal, so I can start recording on Dec. 19 (I'm too busy until then), but I wanna change some things in the song before that, even add a few riffs perhaps.

But I think it should be ok.

There is one spot open now i just noticed :lol:. I was like wtf?, i don't remember editing that and then i realized it was Nick :lol:

Good news! Line 6 Toneworks UX2 and Korg Pandora PX4D on the fucking way here! Finally I'm going to get some nice recording tones! Or at least I hope I will :lol: I'm going to have to work hard to meet the deadline, but I'm quite excited about if :D :kickass:

Trade Me? Shouldn't it be called Zeabay? :lol: :kickass:

And I've FINISHED a composition, Oh My Goddd!! I think it's the first thing I've ever finished. :lol:

And so I should be starting recording this week. The hardest parts will be playing it...and mixing it...:erk:.

It's called Resurrection Of The Dead, I don't know why, but it sounds awesome, I'm happy with the piece and I can't wait to hear how it sounds with actual guitars and I'm excited to see what you all think of Lowberg's song!! :kickass:

Anyone else done anything for this project, except the few people that have reported starting something?????

Nice! If you're happy with it then it must be a fucking great song :lol: You're pretty hard to please when it comes to writing, specially if you're the one writting it :lol:

And I can't wait for Lowberg's song, I'm just so eager to hear that since he posted the 20 sec sample months ago. It's bound to be :kickass:

ZOMG I WROTE AND RECORDED SOMETHINGS FOR YOU FOLKS

Here's a part of my song-

http://www.box.net/shared/31cp7qb599

If anyone cares-

RR24 w/blackout > Gp1000 > some random ass impulses that I fiddled with then didn't give a fuck.
SD.2 for the dwumz
Reason 4 up on the synth and shit
err bass was the same setup but with the gain turned down and pitch shifted

Pretty clean arpeggios
Well done!!!
You don't here that much online!

BTW I might be able to post a song soon but i don't know if my burners working!!! (using a harddisk atm as my computer started lagging so i went old skool)

I didn't actually listen to that before, but it's pretty fucking awesome, you're a tight player, dude!! I better work hard on mine to beat that. :lol:

I might keep my original one or start a new one because everyones is sounding good. Are we still going to do compositions that everyone works on?

Necromancer what status is your song at?

Nick, i have a request!! please can you change the 't' on the thread title to a capital, it's really bothering me:lol:

Does anyone want to do an 8 bar solo in my song? The tempo is 230 bpm, so it goes by pretty quick but I was going to 16 bars by myself, then I thought about a key solo, but then couldn't come up with anything decent, so I thought I'd ask here.

SAMPLE FROM MEEEE!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dusrqe

Right, I was only doing a sound test, trying to find the right levels and the right keyboard and bass tones but I ended up liking this, so I decided to keep it to use as a reference for when I actually start the recordings seriously sometime on Sunday/Monday (hopefully).

This is nothing like Lowberg's song, there are NO riffs! :lol: It's just a huge melodic song with leads and solos, and this section that I'm uploading is, I suppose, the chorus, and sounds nothing like the rest of the song, especially the intro! :heh:

If I can get a mix like this for the final thing, I'll be quite happy, considering I know fuck all about proper technique for making stuff sound good.

And the last two solos were made up on the spot and I think I like them more than the solos that I have written for that part! :lol:

damn dude! that was a great recording! wonderful tone and of course, I don't even have to mention the playing. Just out of curiosity, what's the part you would like the 8 bar solo over? can you post the backing track?

Will there be tabs for the album once it's finished? Of course only if the songwriters want to though.
Nice job guys sounds amazing! :kickass:

I didn't actually listen to that before, but it's pretty fucking awesome, you're a tight player, dude!! I better work hard on mine to beat that. :lol:

Haha thanks dude. :lol: :kickass:

Necromancer what status is your song at?

Writing/record

Then writing more to record

then deleting a part to rewrite :lol:and so on

I never listened to Necromancer's song until now either...but damn it was good! the first bit sounds very Irish :p

:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Does anyone want to do an 8 bar solo in my song? The tempo is 230 bpm, so it goes by pretty quick but I was going to 16 bars by myself, then I thought about a key solo, but then couldn't come up with anything decent, so I thought I'd ask here.

SAMPLE FROM MEEEE!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dusrqe

Right, I was only doing a sound test, trying to find the right levels and the right keyboard and bass tones but I ended up liking this, so I decided to keep it to use as a reference for when I actually start the recordings seriously sometime on Sunday/Monday (hopefully).

This is nothing like Lowberg's song, there are NO riffs! :lol: It's just a huge melodic song with leads and solos, and this section that I'm uploading is, I suppose, the chorus, and sounds nothing like the rest of the song, especially the intro! :heh:

If I can get a mix like this for the final thing, I'll be quite happy, considering I know fuck all about proper technique for making stuff sound good.

And the last two solos were made up on the spot and I think I like them more than the solos that I have written for that part! :lol:

All the shit I record ends up being the first take, improvised. :lol:

16ths at 230 bpm :ill:

Sounds wicked bro.

damn dude! that was a great recording! wonderful tone and of course, I don't even have to mention the playing. Just out of curiosity, what's the part you would like the 8 bar solo over? can you post the backing track?

Thanks! I'm glad someone likes it aswell as myself, since I thought it was quite coool!

Here's the backing track for the empty space I have so far:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/aii0t6

I also have Mr. Lowberg shreeeeeding over this too! :heh:

Will there be tabs for the album once it's finished? Of course only if the songwriters want to though.
Nice job guys sounds amazing! :kickass:

I'd upload a tab if anyone was interested.

All the shit I record ends up being the first take, improvised. :lol:

16ths at 230 bpm :ill:

Sounds wicked bro.

No one would want to hear mine if I did that, seriously! :lol;

And it's pretty much all triplets at max, so it's not that fast, but some of it is still pretty difficult. The solos I came up with on the recording I uploaded are all triplets at 230bpm and they were easy for me, 16th notes at that speed would just be rediculous! :zombie:

I'm gonna try and record my song soon! I reckon I can get all the easy parts down fairly quickly, but the solos, although they are just as easy, may take a little more time :(

Sounds promising! :kickass:

Awesome Mitch! It somehow sounds really cool Iron Maidenish (except for the solo) to me :)
And yes of course I would be interested in that 8 bar solo :D

Oh really? That's cool! But you definitely won't be hearing that when you hear the intro! :D

And if you wanna do a solo, download the BT I posted in the last post before this and give it a shot. If I get too many people that want to, then I could possibly edit it and give everyone 8 bars. :lol:

Sounds awesome Mitch! :kickass:
Just waiting for a new computer now and to get my guitar back from set-up.

Sounds awesome Mitch! :kickass:
Just waiting for a new computer now and to get my guitar back from set-up.

ROFl

Necromancer

I'm waiting on new equipment too.

EMU 1212m (192 HD conveters)
Studios Projects VBT-1 (best mic pre under a grand)
and some other recording BS

Then a Marshall 1960a
Je1500
And parts for my Je1000 clone(S)

Then I can record for the real deal and even get the album going :lol: