COBOT: the Album

Everything has been super chaotic for me lately, but I think I'm done composing my song (I'm almost never completely satisfied, but whatever). I would of course appreciate any drum playing and keyboards performed for mine, since I can't do either, only compose.

So all I have to do is wait for my toneport to get here (ordered it the other day) and mic and stuff, and then I can get on recording. But yeah, I'm also happily doing that solo and vocals for Twisha's. The solo should be composed by saturday, vocals a little bit longer. Then whenever she's done recording, I can do my parts.

which song did you decide to use?

How strong is your double bass playing? :D

Not super awesome but I'm trying to practice my feet chops. Right now I can play 16th notes at around 160-170 bpm for a lengthy period of time.

BUT....

NEVER MIND THE DRUM RECORDINGS BECAUSE I GOT MY DRUMKIT IN THE MAIL TODAY AND THE KICK PAD IS BROKEN SO I HAVE TO RETURN IT :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DONE!!!

After fighting with the goddamn 1st solo for ages I think I'm finally happy with my song, so I can say that it's done. I still need a bass, but I'm going to do it as BT, not played, and all the guitars are recorded already, so I'm done. I think it's still my style but more melodic, I hope you all enjoy it more than the last one. Now I need a title, time to think :lol:

I don't take part, never did. Don't have the time now.

Too bad, I thought you'd take part in the end, I want to hear something from you man! You got me excited with that ''Necrophagist style soloing'' thing you mentioned :mad: BTW are you still up for helping me a bit or you're too busy?

Holy fuck just realised one thing! Didn't i send those drumtracks?:lol: Sorry! Will get right to it!:lol:

Haven't got any PMs either...but that is because i see now my inbox is 100% full :lol:

EDIT: got more room there now. Please send me the midi again. Can't find the WAV :lol:

If it's to me don't worry, I already have the drums, but thanks for the offer and for the ones you sent me back then, they really helped me to start shaping the song :kickass:

@The Butt: I can record some gutiars for you if you want. I use CEP and Toneport with Gearbox/Podfarm, and I'm open to using other software as long as it's not as tricky to use as Cubase :lol:

^ Well I'm gonna continue to bug Matt (at least for now), seeing as how he did want to take part in this song. :p

Holy fuck just realised one thing! Didn't i send those drumtracks?:lol: Sorry! Will get right to it!:lol:

Haven't got any PMs either...but that is because i see now my inbox is 100% full :lol:

EDIT: got more room there now. Please send me the midi again. Can't find the WAV :lol:

Haha. Don't worry about it man, I assumed you just didn't have the time... and I didn't really want to bug, or be a pest or anything, so I asked Ensi if he could do it. :lol:

Sorry about that man. :lol:

Good, I'm sorry i didn't get the WAV's through. I simply forgot! You should've reminded me but as long as you have them then it's all good! :kickass:

Good, I'm sorry i didn't get the WAV's through. I simply forgot! You should've reminded me but as long as you have them then it's all good! :kickass:

He's in the process of doing so, I sent him the MIDI yesterday. :kickass:

And as I said, don't worry about it man. I'd have said something, but I didn't want to bug. :lol:

What kind of vocals do you do Delanoir?
And Lowberg, are you up for mastering again? :p

I usually do clean vocals, but I can also do the dirtier kind of thrashy vocals (best way I can describe it) that aren't really growls or clean, somewhere in between.

As far as growls go, I'm really not that experienced at legit death growls, but I can do something along the lines of what Alexi or Devin Townsend does.

Matias if you can do it for Butt, please do so:lol: Cus i'm still struggling how to do the damn tempo changes :lol:

sry :(

Where is Ensi? I still need to throw my bits into his song.....

sup

I kinda got the bits down, meaning ... well it's a surprise, related to the name of the song.

Sry :(

DON'T HAYT ME I'M ONLY HUMAN

btw i'm done:)

If it's to me don't worry, I already have the drums, but thanks for the offer and for the ones you sent me back then, they really helped me to start shaping the song :kickass:

@The Butt: I can record some gutiars for you if you want. I use CEP and Toneport with Gearbox/Podfarm, and I'm open to using other software as long as it's not as tricky to use as Cubase :lol:

dude, cubase is not necessarily tricky. I mean, yeah, there are a lot of advanced features on there, but it doesn't mean you have to use them, haha. Like I use cubase, and I have yet to discover all that complicated shit you can do with it. I just do basic recording with it, as you would do in CEP.

and it's great to see this thread come alive again. congrats to those of you already finished!

Marfal has agreed to make the BT's for me so I think I should soon be in the process of recording :)
Will take far more time than for Reprisal though, especially the solo's.

dude, cubase is not necessarily tricky. I mean, yeah, there are a lot of advanced features on there, but it doesn't mean you have to use them, haha. Like I use cubase, and I have yet to discover all that complicated shit you can do with it. I just do basic recording with it, as you would do in CEP.

and it's great to see this thread come alive again. congrats to those of you already finished!

Well, for basic recordings CEP works awesome and I have some nice EQ patterns saved that I like and I haven't found a way to export them to Cubase or save there some similar patterns, so so far Cubase is more trouble than help for me.

Marfal has agreed to make the BT's for me so I think I should soon be in the process of recording :)
Will take far more time than for Reprisal though, especially the solo's.

Looking forward to it :D My song took more to record this time too :lol: