Concerts - 2006

I went to see Sisters of Mercy this saturday... it was lousy
They played an incredibly short set, had zero interaction with the audience, and were playing half-heartedly
I'm not a big fan or anything, but I expected much more from this band and was sorely disappointed. I've seen much better gothic acts.
really expensive too, but at least I got in for free otherwise I would've gotten seriously pissed :p

Hitori said:
I went to see Sisters of Mercy this saturday... it was lousy
They played an incredibly short set, had zero interaction with the audience, and were playing half-heartedly
I'm not a big fan or anything, but I expected much more from this band and was sorely disappointed. I've seen much better gothic acts.
really expensive too, but at least I got in for free otherwise I would've gotten seriously pissed :p

I made the same experience a few years ago, it was really bad :erk:

I saw Opeth and DT a little while ago.

Children of Bodom in March
New England Metal and Hardcore Fest in April (Dragonforce 1st American show + Arsis + many more)

Ozzfest, I'd imagine unless every main stage band repulses me
Sounds of the Underground (Black Dahlia Murder, among others)

Any decent show I can find, hopefully Dark Tranquillity again
This time, I want them to headline.

I was at my second Burst concert yesterday. after my arrival some girls told me that Burst are cought on the highway filled with snow and cars somewhere 70km away from munich. damn. finally they arrived at 12 and started their gig. great show, great songs, nearly the whole Origo-album and 3 songs from Prey on life. AND they played BLACK BUT SHINING!!! highlight of the day! a nonhighlight was my nearly 3 hours walk back home through white munich because I missed the last train. thanks to my Ipod and Dredg for not ruining the evening.

^That's some happy bit of snow! It's nice the band played even if they were so late. That's what you call dedicated to the fans. I wish I could see Burst live...

Holy crap! You are a superhuman! Haven't listened to much of Burst, guess I should now.

Geri said:
I'm going to these concerts:

27.01. BoltThrower + Malevolent Creation
19.03. In Flames + Sepultura
22.04. The Gathering

and in summer for sure:

W:O:A Roadshow 2006
17.-19.08 SUMMERBREEZE Festival

:headbang:

a new addition in my list:
12.04 . Hypocrisy, Soilwork, Amorphis, One man army and the undead quartet, Scar Symmetry

and one more addition:

02.05 Betzefer

FromHereToDeath said:
Hypocrisy destroys Manchester in 13 days and I'm too excited *runs around room in circles*

hey there - how was it? I have to wait a month untill I see them here so spend some words please :D

Teddeh^ said:
This Thursday I'm seeing the mighty Pelican support Cave In :D

Well Pelican frankly blew me away! Especially when they played 'Autumn Into Summer'... but then a week later it was Red Sparowes in Leeds... oh my, that was just as good/even better! Time to get into Explosions In The Sky... :kickass:

fireangel said:
For upcoming concerts, I don´t know yet, I have to check out soon what´s up in Stockholm, maybe I´ll find something to visit there.

if it's not too late, just let me know if you want me to check any particular dates for gigs. everything isn't always that well-announced.