Controversial non-metal opinions

I think everyone needs to listen to something, anything with Sammy Hagar and lighten the fuck up.

hahahahahahahaha

STK - The Doors were called head music or perhaps acid rock, I cant even remember anymore.... they were alot of things, most of which I dont like but the last thing they did was rock. ROCK, get what I mean, makes you want to rock, bum dadum dadum dadum... ROCK.

Been a long time since I rock and rolled
dadum.... dadum dadum
been a long time since I did the stroll
dadum... dadum dadum

Nugent, ZZtop, Buddy Holly... ect. stuff that ROCKS, its a groove its a tempo, its a upbeat mood, gonna do some dancin, boogie, gonna party have some fun, raise a little hell, it gets up and goes, it doesnt drag along and moan, it doesnt cry in the coffee, it doesnt drag you down. Granted everything or rather every band got thrown is the catagory as "rock bands" but they all didnt rock, some did only on occasion, some ROCKED yet explored different moods, but when you use the term "I wanna rock", it means "I WANNA ROCK"

"went down to the road house and got myself some beerwors"
da din da din da din
doesnt imply ROCK, its too draggy, its too blaszay, its more like
"Im headed to the funeral parlor to pick myself a coffin"

not critisizing just trying to express the mood that is implied when someone says they want to ROCK.

Like Sammy said "Theres only one way to ROCK" and his purpose to that song was point in fact, nothing he made up, its just the way its always been. ROCK means get up on your feet and get down to it.

Blue Oyster Cult "On your feet or ON... YOUR .... KNEEEES !" another statement about ROCK

The rest of the heady stuff and even the ballads were part of the "rock scene"... but they didnt ROCK

SOME of the Doors stuff might make peeps wanna rock, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that so much as even half of it is like that. Just because they're part of the rock scene doesn't mean that rock is upbeat. here's a difference between rock as a music genre and someone saying "let's rock" in a party sense. Certainly not all rock is upbeat. So to be honest I'm not sure what your point is.

Ah, he has a way with words, doesn't he? It's a typo, but still-first, At the Gates board his bus without paying a fare, and now this. Hmm...
Funny guy.

SOME of the Doors stuff might make peeps wanna rock, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that so much as even half of it is like that. Just because they're part of the rock scene doesn't mean that rock is upbeat. here's a difference between rock as a music genre and someone saying "let's rock" in a party sense. Certainly not all rock is upbeat. So to be honest I'm not sure what your point is.

Even Doors hits like Light My Fire are dark. They're an extremely macabre band. Just listen to The End.

Mathiäs;7176605 said:
:zombie:

Anyways, I've always thought that the Doors were extremely overrated. Same with Dylan

I agree on both counts, although I love both artists. I'd much rather listen to Tom Waits, Gordon Lightfoot, or Leonard Cohen over Dylan.

The point is alot of bands were placed in the "rock" catagory, because they were part of the current music scene but they did not rock.

its all been downhill since :lol:

Its OK because imagine if they started all the sub division back in the 60's.... we would have 5063 genres now. There would have been one for each band back then... wait, I think there was... it was the name of the band... well gooowly sarg

this is why I think we should place any and all music thats over six weeks old in the "Classic Rock" catagory and all thats less than 6 weeks in the "Post Classic Rock" catagory :p
----------------------------------------------
I was never much on Dylan, Young or Doors but Ill give Dylan, Young and on occasions Morrison credit for good lyrics

Wtf did you just write.

I keep reading it, and yet it makes no more sense.

Oh, context. It links to a discussion of At the Gates' debut which gets discussed frequently over at GMD. Alter said once that he kept listening to the band's early stuff, but they board him all the time.
I thought it was a funny typo so I added that "maybe they boarded his bus without paying the fare" thingie. Heh.

Mathiäs;7176605 said:
:zombie:

Anyways, I've always thought that the Doors were extremely overrated. Same with Dylan

I think The Doors are actually underrated. Most of my Classic-Rock head friends haven't even heard of them, they don't get very much praise. But maybe its just because none of my friends know about them, theres probably a million annoying fanboys (as there are with any band).

In which way do you think Dylan is overrated? His music or his lyrics?

dredg's El Cielo is far better than any supposed 'prog. rock masterpieces.' It is actually far better than most all rock music in general.

dredg's El Cielo is far better than any supposed 'prog. rock masterpieces.' It is actually far better than most all rock music in general.

Pretty bold statement lol...depends what you consider a "prog rock masterpiece". Better than Dark Side of The Moon, In The Court of King Crimson or Fragile? No way.

Maybe not controversial but those songs that involve playing 3 notes over and over on piano are so fucking shitty.

wow, man thats gotta be some amazing music man Im burning my so called supposed progressive masterpieces and hang my head in shame, vow to never listen to music again.... none of its worthy