Damage Done, Haven & Projector 2009 Re-issue ??

I'm too busy to go looking for cds, let's hope i manage to get a copy of Yesterworlds before it disappears. In that case i'll have to hunt one of you down and steal their copy.

No, the re-releases are not limited. I think that the original versions of those albums are being phased out, so the every new printing will be of the re-issue versions.

I'm biased, but I have to say that the new mastering really is an improvement on the original sound. Everything has more punch and power now, especially "Projector" and "Haven".

So the original regular versions will become limited!!! o_O . I can't wait to listen to Haven with the new mastering, the improvement must be humongous!

I'm too busy to go looking for cds, let's hope i manage to get a copy of Yesterworlds before it disappears. In that case i'll have to hunt one of you down and steal their copy.

You do know there are people out there you could just ask since they have easy access to endless copies?

Well, I got my copy of Yesterworlds today, although the other re-releases are still on their way to me.

All I can say is: the package looks great and Niklas' liner notes have plenty of interesting tidbits (at least for me). I'm just midway through my first listening, but I already noticed the tracklist on the back cover has a very typical (for DT releases, it appears) error: Unfurled by Dawn and Yesterworld are mixed up.

Also, the booklet lists Stanne as the sole lyricist of both Punish My Heaven and The Gallery, although they've been previously listed as "Stanne, Sundin" on all my copies of The Gallery.

-Villain

You do know there are people out there you could just ask since they have easy access to endless copies?
In the spirit of being independent and grown-up, i had given up asking people for things. However, if by "people" you mean you, by "out there" you mean Germany, and by "endless" you mean 3000, i might be willing to forget my rules.
Of course in the more likely chance that by "people" you mean my local vendor, the online store or the owner of CM, i'll probably "ask" them in a few days.

Got them all :D
Great reissues and magnificent goodie for fans.

The three songs live in Milan are sending chills down my spine.

I WANT THE FUCKING DVD! NOW! :cry:

Nice observation, and one that I hadn't previously considered. I doubt they'll be worth very much (at least not for a long time) but the eventual rarity is cool.

I can't wait to hear the difference in production. You guys have me all excited about it now.

Yeah well I was half joking, but in a way it's true. Maybe by 2020 the original ones will be rarer :p .

Well, I got my copy of Yesterworlds today, although the other re-releases are still on their way to me.

All I can say is: the package looks great and Niklas' liner notes have plenty of interesting tidbits (at least for me). I'm just midway through my first listening, but I already noticed the tracklist on the back cover has a very typical (for DT releases, it appears) error: Unfurled by Dawn and Yesterworld are mixed up.

Also, the booklet lists Stanne as the sole lyricist of both Punish My Heaven and The Gallery, although they've been previously listed as "Stanne, Sundin" on all my copies of The Gallery.

-Villain

Ah well that's very bad, those things shouldn't happen at all.

I downloaded Yesterworlds and I think that the alternative versions of PMH are pretty interesting. Still, in the end I prefer the album version, Mikael's vocals on the clear-singing part on one of them is dreadful to be honest :lol: . It's pretty interesting to see how much he improved from the demos to the album.

I WANT THE FUCKING DVD! NOW! :cry:

Me too!!! Lots of DT releases this year make Defiance happy! :kickass:

The Damage Done and Haven re-issues arrived today. The packaging is the same as the one for the Projector re-issue although on those two the cover on the booklet has not been renewed (the colours look a bit brighter, but maybe the old booklets have just lost a bit over time). The booklets are completely new though with two pages of liner notes in each (Stanne on Damage Done, Brändström on Haven).
The design is nice for both and is very coherent, you can immediately tell which album the booklet belongs to, no matter which page you look at. I personally like the Haven design very much. The Damage Done design is sometimes too much red-white-black for me, but the rest of the design and the artworks themselves look great.
I am listening to Haven right now and my opinion is the same as it is with Projector. Damage Done is next.

Yeah well I was half joking, but in a way it's true. Maybe by 2020 the original ones will be rarer :p .
I can picture us all when we're 80+, holding meetings in nursing homes and showing off our old and rare DT copies to each other.

@LaRocque: I'm not one, but thanks for the link.

Century Media released Paradise Lost's early demos - Drown in Darkness

It has the same packaging as DT's Yesterworlds.
And its CD is in a vinyl style, too.

I can picture us all when we're 80+, holding meetings in nursing homes and showing off our old and rare DT copies to each other.

:lol: yeah. It'd be something like this:

Defiance: "Look ach my signed copy oj de Lojt t Apajy ep"
Nt3n: "o shea? I hab de Skyjancer LP sijned!"
Siren: "o chat up yu tu!"

:p

Century Media released Paradise Lost's early demos - Drown in Darkness

It has the same packaging as DT's Yesterworlds.
And its CD is in a vinyl style, too.

It's really sad, CM is quite desperate. Have they really had such big losses? If CM goes bankrupt and DT is without a label we'll create an independent one and finance every CD :) . So don't worry about that DT ;) .

It's really sad, CM is quite desperate. Have they really had such big losses? If CM goes bankrupt and DT is without a label we'll create an independent one and finance every CD :) . So don't worry about that DT ;) .

You don't know shit.

SPV filed for bankruptcy this week.

You don't know shit.

SPV filed for bankruptcy this week.

Oh I do know hehe. Wait… SPV?!?!? Lies!!!

I can't believe it! SPV was quite the big label, I'm shocked! I guess that the combination of "crisis + people only downloading pirate copies" is not really helping the companies :erk: .

Here's the official statement taken from wikipedia.org:

Wolfgang Spahr of Billboard.biz said:
SPV Schallplatten Produktion und Vertrieb GmbH in Hanover has declared itself insolvent.
The managing partner, Manfred Schütz, decided to submit an application to commence insolvency proceedings on May 25 — roughly equivalent to Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. In response to this, on May 27, the District Court of Hanover appointed the attorney Manuel Sack as the provisional insolvency administrator. "Normal business will continue even after the application for insolvency," said Schütz.

According to Schütz, together with attorney Manuel Sack, the management of SPV GmbH will not only carry on business operations, but also continue working in the areas of production and distribution in the usual way.

o_O

I got all 4 cds today. Only listened to Projector so far. It sure seems like it packs more punch in the sound department. Can't comment on the new track and the live track until I've actually had time to sit down and listen attentively.
The liner notes were nice. Being a trivia buff I could easily have gone for a 12 or 24 page liner note version. Bathory - Blood on ice's liner notes should be the standard which to measure against.

:lol: yeah. It'd be something like this:

Defiance: "Look ach my signed copy oj de Lojt t Apajy ep"
Nt3n: "o shea? I hab de Skyjancer LP sijned!"
Siren: "o chat up yu tu!"

:p
you captured my spirit pretty well, didn't you? :p

Finally(!) got my re-issues today. I just unwrapped Projector and popped it in, so can't comment much at this point, but already I prefer the artwork and the heavier re-mastered sound over the old.

I'll get back to this topic later today or tomorrow, once I've listened through all three a couple of times.

-Villain

Here's a weird thing I noticed: On the new DD-booklet it reads: "Music: Henriksson, Jivarp, Sundin" below The Treason Wall lyrics - yet the songwriting credits at the end of the booklet lists The Treason Wall as "Jivarp, Henriksson", just like it is on the old booklet.

At first I thought that line is just there by a mistake and belongs to some other song (no other song has the writing credits written next to the lyrics in the booklet). But then I realized none of the songs on Damage Done are credited to "Henriksson, Jivarp, Sundin" (in that order). Actually, no DT song on any album before A Closer End from the expanded Fiction has such a credit.

So, what does that line mean in the DD-booklet? Is it just a random mistake? Or was it put there to correct a wrong credit in the old booklet (and the error was repeated in the listing at the end of the booklet)? Inquiring minds want to know.

-Villain (unemployed, so he has plenty of time to think matters of such huge importance)

you captured my spirit pretty well, didn't you? :p

:p it's not that hard.

Here's a weird thing I noticed: On the new DD-booklet it reads: "Music: Henriksson, Jivarp, Sundin" below The Treason Wall lyrics - yet the songwriting credits at the end of the booklet lists The Treason Wall as "Jivarp, Henriksson", just like it is on the old booklet.

At first I thought that line is just there by a mistake and belongs to some other song (no other song has the writing credits written next to the lyrics in the booklet). But then I realized none of the songs on Damage Done are credited to "Henriksson, Jivarp, Sundin" (in that order). Actually, no DT song on any album before A Closer End from the expanded Fiction has such a credit.

So, what does that line mean in the DD-booklet? Is it just a random mistake? Or was it put there to correct a wrong credit in the old booklet (and the error was repeated in the listing at the end of the booklet)? Inquiring minds want to know.

-Villain (unemployed, so he has plenty of time to think matters of such huge importance)

:lol: . But yes I wonder what happened.

I got the Yesterworlds, it is indeed incredibly nice. Very nice package, quite the luxurious treatment to the old release. If someone hasn't bought it I recommend buying it, it's very good. The package is very special, it's one of those that has soul :) .