damn i'm drunk -- the thread

1628.jpg

Some say that Jack Daniels is shit, but o no! Not like Ancient Age! They used to come in plastic bottles even, I think they finally switched to glass.

Although if you want to get fucked up for not a lot of $$$, Jim Beam Rye Whiskey is the best. Only 80 proof but kicks like Bacardi 151 (as in proof) and gets you nearly as drunk. Mean shit.

11328.jpg

Not sure if you can get either one in Sweden, but if you see the Rye, pick some up. Ancient Age you can give someone for a gag birthday gift :)

If that's 34 Krona, you're getting a deal. :p

Jim Beam is usually between $10 and $15 / 750mL, and is worth about half that at best. Maybe we'll have to set up a transnational speakeasy...

Nevermind, I was thinking of something else, I just read Everclear is only 190 proof, I thought it was 200 methyl style. Maybe I'm thinking of moonshine...

Either way, two shots is impressive my friend, we should go drinking sometime and see if you can down an entire bottle of scotch in one sitting. :D

It may be time for me to visit Europe, it's all going to depend on my debts in 6 months...

Yeah, well, if you're going to "visit Europe" you could do better than that. Wacken is a piece of shit town and Germany is the ugliest country I've seen.

If I go, it would be part of at least a 2 week excursion. Germany is second on my list of countries to visit, regardless of Wacken. :)

Well I think we all know who would win for passing out in the weirdest place...

Hah! Oh well... You should come to Sweden or some other decent country, Germany is just a big fucking corn field with blocks of concrete sticking up here and there and also garden gnomes and cheap liquor.

Erik said:
Germany is just a big fucking corn field with blocks of concrete sticking up here and there and also garden gnomes and cheap liquor.
You just described New Jersey.

In all fairness, there are some parts of Germany that are beautiful, especially in the south.

Erik said:
You should come to Sweden or some other decent country
Sweden is around #5 on my list I believe. England, France, and Germany are my priorities.

Garden gnomes fucking own, by the way.

Granny's Little Yard Gnome

Content to stand alone
Waiting, watching, guarding Granny's home
His face reflecting simple joy
But he is not a happy Plaster boy
"Careful sonny, not too close
Unless you want a lethal dose
of hardening..."
Patiently waiting for some shade
Wishing he could run away
Supressing any urge to roam
Such devotion from a little gnome
I once saw a calico that thought he could fly
ANd then the lanky Doberman that tinkled in my eye
A pacifict by nature, with amble common sense
But if I had my druthers, I'd rather be a fence
Now Granny, she's a good one, she shines me now and then
ANd come around this springtime, I'm due for paint again
On keeping Granny comfy, I try and earn my keep
I'm just wishing I had some eyelids, so I could get some sleep
--Les Claypool

Heh. Oh, well. The countries I would like to visit are Iceland, the Faroe Islands, and... Well, that's it really. I've been in Norway a couple of times but I'd like to see the more scenic bits. Maybe Finland since it's very very close to where I live, but I don't really know what I'd do there. Can't think of any others.