Daniel Gildenlow vs Michael Akerfeldt

Saying that Ozzy is a good vocalist is a bit of a stretch (let alone 'best'). He fit with the music and I definitely think he was part of Black Sabbath's signature sound. But come on, the guy can't really sing well. Or write songs. Or do... anything, really. He just wails like a drunk.

:puke: :puke: I saw Black Sabbath in 1973, when they were supposedly in their prime. While I agree Ozzy's voice fit the music, IMO he never was a good singer, he just has a good stage presence. BTW, Sweaty Teddy Nugent opened for Sabbath and blew them off the stage. What Sabbath did for the Metal genre is unmatched. What's with Ozzy nowadays? He's livin' on past glorys. Fuckin' idiot has a hard time forming a sentence, let alone sing a song. MTV and Ozzy have been glorifying his past drug use, sets a real good example for aspiring musicians. Ozzy and his offspring should be beaten with a lead pipe and left to bleed in the moonlight. The only one that seems to have any sense is his wife. But, that's probably questionable. Even in his so-called prime Ozzy could'nt touch Akerfeldt or Gildenlow. Get over it,Ozz-man is done.

looking at your sig, tubbs.... you should know that "cola" in spanish could mean "ass"

"Don't underestimate the power of the most unique tasting ass in the world"

LOL; and it's true!

worldwide_suicide said:
looking at your sig, tubbs.... you should know that "cola" in spanish could mean "ass"

"Don't underestimate the power of the most unique tasting ass in the world"

LOL; and it's true!
Yes, but luckily the rest is in English so people would know it means cola. :erk:

What's wrong with ass, hmm? (Well, it depends on which one you are talking about :tickled: )

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFB

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Yes, but luckily the rest is in English so people would know it means cola. :erk:

What's wrong with ass, hmm? (Well, it depends on which one you are talking about :tickled: )

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFB

i never said there was something wrong with "ass", i just pointed out what your sig could mean :erk: in fact, i think i ahve a very unique tasting ass :oops:

CAIRATH said:
My dad can beat up Mikael Akerfeldt and Daniel Gildenlow, as well as all of your dads.

Well my big brothers older than your big brother and he made this site so you have to leave otherwise he'll beat you up

I can't choose one over the other. Opeth and Pain of Salvation both represent flawless forms of art. They are both superior in vocal and guitar abilities. All hail Swedish Metal, be it Black/Death/Prog or power!!

blimey said:
Care to explain? BTW, you're wrong.
First off he's alot more original than Mike - the PoS style is very unique, but Opeth's is fairly conventional. Secondly, you won't see Mike writing songs like Imago or Martius Nauticus II, and he's also just faster and braver in his playing - he plays many of the solos you'd think he doesn't (as Johan is "lead"), including the Rope Ends one (seen it live), and the Nightmist solo.

More original? My ass, it's all been done before. Mikael's guitarwork is beautiful, Opeth's songs flow incredibly well and they are emotional. You don't need to be "brave", you just need to sound GOOD.

Since when does faster mean better?

There is a reason why there isn't a Pain of Salvation forum on UM, and there is a reason why you're here. Mikael is better.