Death Metal

Speaking of the abominable Bloodbath, I have been informed that I must wear a hat for my job now since my hair is getting too long for food service. I ordered this -

fidelblack.gif

Dethklok's music is strangely entrancing.

Also, I've discovered a new love for Belphegor through their albums Lucifer Incestus and Pestapokalypse VI. Heavy and compelling as fuck.
I find Belphegor to be utterly boring. I've listened to all their music, and....no thanks.

"UTUMNO Vic Records has bought the rights of the Utumno ''The Light of Day" 7" e.p and the ‘Across the Horizons’ mini cd. The e.p. was recorded at Studio Sunlight, engineered by Tomas Skogsberg and produced by Utumno during some days in December 1991. The second pressing of the e.p featured cover art by the, back then in the underground, famous Danish artist Paw Nielsen. In 1993 Utumno recorded the ‘Across The Horizon’ mini cd at Sunlight Studio with again Tomas Skogsberg. The mini cd had one of the most beautiful, and most obscure – meaning hardly known- , cover artwork by famous Kristian Wahlin. All sonsg will be remastered and some special bonus tracks will be added. Utumno's frontman Jonas Stahlhammar used to be in the legendary Swedish death metal acts Macabre End and God Macabre as well."

http://www.myspace.com/utumnoswe90

Sunlight Studios. something tells me I'm going to like this. oh and Greys, you're right. The Karelian Isthmus is one of the best death metal records ever.

That's cool. Across the Horizon is fantastic. It's good to see these once utterly forgotten gems being reissued. I'll probably pick up the repress of The Light of Day.

Edit: Now, for the love of fucking god, someone repress Epitaph's Seeming Salvation and Crematory's Denial.

I'm probably going to order this either next month or the month after along with that Cemetary record I've wanted for awhile.

tangentially, am I the only one who still isn't all that impressed by Lykathea Aflame? (not saying it's bad or anything, just... come on).

I have listened to that album so many times, it is ridiculous. Even after I grow tired of it and come back to it at a later date it still manages to instill a sense of awe in me that really is quite indescribable and totally unique.

That's cool. Across the Horizon is fantastic. It's good to see these once utterly forgotten gems being reissued. I'll probably pick up the repress of The Light of Day.

Edit: Now, for the love of fucking god, someone repress Epitaph's Seeming Salvation and Crematory's Denial.

and Convulse-world without god.

I think we should promote this and get the news out all over the net and maybe be a factor in helping VIC records sell more copies. I'm pretty sure VIC Records is a major label and probably lost nothing out of buying the copywrites so if they actually sold more than they thought would be shocked realizing that people do find these albums important in the death metal and reissue more albums and maybe get a lot of people to send emails and get them to buy copywrites for out of print death metal cds we really like. Old school death metal is simply the best death metal and it needs to really come back and dominate. I mean some band are just not many.

I'm so fucking sick of shitty brutal death metal bands and shitty death metal bands from the US and technical death metal bands that have clicky production jobs and resemble plastic or something.