Death Metal

Incredible album. EoS recorded Cryptic without Dan Swanö so he wrote and recording the entire album without the band, Dan plays guitar,bass,drums,keys and does vocals,etc.. and Mike Wead from Mecrcyful Fate has some guest guitar solos and Roger Johansson does some back up death metal vocals.

Actually Rogga does the majority of the vocals on that album. I still enjoy it, but some parts aren't very good, and sometimes the keyboards are overdone. Certainly not on par with early Edge Of Sanity, of course, but I wouldn't sell it.

BTW, excellent news about Utumno, I've never seen that album go under $100, and I was thoroughly outbid on the 7" the last time I saw it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hb6kzp

I just figured I'd share this link with the forums. swizzlenuts hosts some type of faggot radio show, and he let me construct one of his playlists, so I decided to go with an OSDM show. Here's the tracklist of what he played:

1. Nunslaughter - Atheist Ways
2. Mortuary - Asphyxiation
3. Mystic Charm - Deadly Embrace
4. Darkified - The Forgotten City
5. Sargatanus - Veneration Of The Black Mark In The Ancestral Forest
6. Kaamos - Scales of Leviathan
7. Obscurity - Damnation's Pride
8. Ceremony - Drowned in Terror
9. Maleficarum - Season of Black
10. Revenant - Spawn
11. Expulser - Breeding At Cross
12. Eternal Solstice - Chamber of Morpheus
13. Belial - Deceased
14. Thanatos - Speed Kills
15. Insanity - Death after Death

Melodic Death Metal at it's finest...recently I was digging thru my CD's and found this CD by Shadow, I guess there from Japan on the Spikefarm label

Yep, good CD. Very mid-era In Flames vibe with an actually good chick screamer. I bought it for like 7 bucks and don't regret it at all. Fun shit. And the solo in Eden rules.

and Convulse-world without god..

Seriously, that would be a good album without the fucking production. I have never not listened to an album because of production till i heard that, that fucking constant beep noise just kills your ears with headphones on.

Edit: Since S<issors sparked the subject of being unimpressed with certain liked bands, (though I do love Lykathea Aflame) am I the only one who doesn't like Arghoslent?

Seriously, that would be a good album without the fucking production. I have never not listened to an album because of production till i heard that, that fucking constant beep noise just kills your ears with headphones on.

Edit: Since S<issors sparked the subject of being unimpressed with certain liked bands, (though I do love Lykathea Aflame) am I the only one who doesn't like Arghoslent?

Yeah, World Without God doesn't have the best production. I don't really mind it though, it just adds to the already thoroughly filthy atmosphere. I don't know what you mean about 'beeps' in the songs though? Perhaps you have faulty mp3s?

I also happen to agree with you and the previous poster concerning Arghoslent; they're very fucking overrated. I remember a few years back on this forum they were being cited as pretty much the best thing to happen to (melodic) Death Metal in years. I find them utterly average at best.

Okay. I've only heard one album (Galloping Through the Battle Ruins)...So I don't have too much room to argue here, but it definitely didn't hold my attention....ever.