Death Metal

Cannibal Corpse are from NY and i'm pretty sure they recorded demo's in NY. I do think they do sound like they're from florida and did relocate to the florida death metal scene and recorded fullenths at Morrisound.

Based on influence and just pure quality, Suffocation is miles ahead of Incantation. I like Incantation but nothing competes with the mighty Suffocation.

I can see your point, but I place both in the same leagues. oh well, its just my opinion.

Incantation is way better than Suffocation. So is Immolation. And Morpheus Descends. They are better than Baphomet/Banished though.

...Ceremonium is better too.

The New York scene was pretty fucking good.

Immolation > Deicide > Incantation > Obituary > Morbid Angel > Suffocation

Obviously talking about each band when they were in their prime.

Possessed > Hellwitch > Autopsy > Morbid Angel > Incantation > Obituary > Immolation > Deicide > Suffocation

Yeah. It's a matter of preference. All of those bands wrote good songs and had good musicians. If someone asked me who I thought the best death metal band was, I wouldn't know what to answer. But I do prefer the best European dm bands to the best American ones.

I agree with Dodens list other than the fact that I don't hold Morbid Angel in higher regard than, well, everything on the list other than Suffocation.