Death Metal

I have no really serious problems with the latest releases from Deicide, Suffocation, Incantation, Immolation, Entombed, Obituary, Malevolent Creation, or Nile. I do recognize their older albums to be of a much higher quality though.

I have no really serious problems with the latest releases from Deicide, Suffocation, Incantation, Immolation, Entombed, Obituary, Malevolent Creation, or Nile. I do recognize their older albums to be of a much higher quality though.

Niles latest was so bad imho

I actually think Nile got better with each album, up until Annihilation of the Wicked, with which they peaked. Ithyphallic is good, too. Nile are a good band. It's definitely possible to be both generic and good (even excellent) at the same time.

This forum makes me laugh my ass off. Everyone refers to Nile as Mainstream, but as soon as I leave the internetz for real life, I'm sure no one in a 5 mile radius knows who the fuck they are.

Because you live in the kvlt-ass norrlands you dumbshit. Anyway, Nile are on fucking Nuclear Blast which is an uber popular label. Just because they're not Britney Spears doesn't mean they're not popular.

ithyphallic was meh and the cover art was mad gay

also gotta say that with a few exceptions the new york sound just does nothing for me, I find immolation to be extraordinarily boring

florida fucking owned though

Well duh. I'm just saying that as metalheads we tend to know a shitload about our music.

And it's funny because we call bands out for being sellouts even though thier fanbase can be quite small by comparison.

Because you live in the kvlt-ass norrlands you dumbshit. Anyway, Nile are on fucking Nuclear Blast which is an uber popular label. Just because they're not Britney Spears doesn't mean they're not popular.

In the underground metal scene, sure they are.

In the other 99.9% of the world, no one has ever heard of them except possibly through ozzfest, as rabid pointed out : )

Well duh. I'm just saying that as metalheads we tend to know a shitload about our music.

And it's funny because we call bands out for being sellouts even though thier fanbase can be quite small by comparison.

Eh, it's no surprise nor secret that metal fans are usually petty assholes who slag a band for one minor wrongdoing despite perhaps a decade or more of excellent or even just worthwhile material.

Fuck yeah.

OPETH Mainman Returns To BLOODBATH - Jan. 30, 2008

Swedish death metal supergroup BLOODBATH has issued the following update:

"So the time has come for BLOODBATH to once again poison the scene with a contagious doze of über brutal death metal. An old acquaintance in this zombified bloodline has once again re-visited his old home. We can now announce that the vocalist on the new mini-CD is none other than Mikael Åkerfeldt courtesy of OPETH.

"Second deathster to join the elite is Mr. Per 'Sodomizer' Eriksson (ex-21 LUCIFERS, ex-GENOCRUSH FEROX). Sodomizer's brutal death metal songwriting approach as well as guitar shredding is a highly welcomed element in the legacy of BLOODBATH."

BLOODBATH 2008 is:

Mikael Åkerfeldt - Vocals
Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström - Guitar
Per "Sodomizer" Eriksson - Guitar
Jonas Renkse - Bass
Martin "Axe" Axenrot – Drums

Check out a photo of the new lineup at this location.

BLOODBATH's latest album, "Nightmares Made Flesh", received a U.S. release in March 2005 via Century Media Records. Due to the long gap between the European and North American release dates, the American version was enhanced with two bonus songs taken from a previously unreleased demo recording of "Breeding Death" EP, as well as a different front cover, featuring artwork by Wes Benscoter.

bloodbath2008.jpg