Death Metal

"brutal death metal songwriting approach" = no

Unfortunately their better material tended to be written by Swano.

True, shows like that are weird. Devourment is opening for Black Dahlia Murder when they go through Texas. WTF?

Well, brutal death metal is starting to have somewhat of a "scene" fan base (courtesy of Waking the Cadaver). I've actually talked to a few scenesters who dig Devourment, actually.

Incantation is way better than Suffocation. So is Immolation. And Morpheus Descends. They are better than Baphomet/Banished though.
:zombie:

I actually went to a concert in Brooklyn like a month ago that had Obituary and Incantation (plus like 11 other bands) and it had a lot of members from the NYDM club. Most of them told me that in general Incantation is held in the highest regard mainly because Suffacation had a downfall in quality and Morpheus Descends was a band made up of douche bags. Then a nig from Suffocation showed up and opinions shifted a little. However imo, Incantation is better just based on diversity of pace throughout their songs. Not to mention that Incantation has the most devastating sound to ever be recorded.
Onward to Golgotha can't compete with either Pierced From Within or Effigy of the Forgotten which are both amazing, and most of Incantation's material is not as good as Onward to Golgotha. The only Suffocation album that is worse than an Incantation album is Souls to Deny.
"brutal death metal songwriting approach" = no

Unfortunately their better material tended to be written by Swano.
You know they are probably just saying this to sound brutal. I doubt they will actually write brutal death metal songs. Brutal is a pretty vague word and tons of bands misappropriate it when they are not in fact brutal in the metal sense of the word.
Well, brutal death metal is starting to have somewhat of a "scene" fan base (courtesy of Waking the Cadaver). I've actually talked to a few scenesters who dig Devourment, actually.
As long as they buy CDs and go to shows I don't really see a problem. Fans are fans and it's better than them supporting shitty bands.

What's up with Nightmares Made Flesh?

And probably old news, but boo :(

Mascot Records have set 25-3-2008 as the new release date for The Hate Chamber, which gives them more time to prepare the world for what's coming... As you probably noticed this means we've stopped posting new songs for a few weeks, but we'll pick up again in february. There's still some unspeakable abominations waiting to be unleashed...

Suffocation is one of the most overrated bands in the history of death metal. They're really not that fucking good. Anybody who disagrees with this needs to be thrown in a gas chamber.

I'd like to request that all lowly brutal death metal fans refrain from responding to my posts. Thanks in advance.

Honestly though, fuck Suffocation. They get way more credit than [I personally believe that] they deserve. The closest they ever came to playing any kind of substantial material was on Human Waste, where their music actually contained some kind of dynamics. Their material through Pierced From Within is GOOD, nothing more. Certainly not nearly in the league of Incantation, who is responsible for creating some of the most sinister and violent Death Metal ever worth a damn.