Death Metal

Anyone who even tries to place any Suffocation over Onward to Golgotha is just a plain fool. Suffocation has little to know dynamic in their music while Incantation does a hell of a fucking job actually created evil that so many death metal bands miss. Incantation actually go somewhere in creating something while Suffocation always has remained stagnant in what they make.

Onward To Golgotha,Mortal Throne Of Nazarene, and
Diabolical Conquest are much better than any Suffocation album.

Anyone who even tries to place any Suffocation over Onward to Golgotha is just a plain fool. Suffocation has little to know dynamic in their music while Incantation does a hell of a fucking job actually created evil that so many death metal bands miss.

But not everyone looks for the same thing in death metal. People who look for punishing technical rhythms would prefer Suffo over Immolation or Incantation.

But not everyone looks for the same thing in death metal. People who look for punishing technical rhythms would prefer Suffo over Immolation or Incantation.
i like punishing technical rhythms and I prefer Incantation over Suffocation, but the difference is in I prefer Nile, Cryptopsy, Decapitated, and Origin over Suffocation, though Pierced and Effigy has some good stuff.

I don't look for "evil" in my Death Metal. For that I listen Black Metal.

In Death Metal I want pure brutality. Suffocation > Incantation.

I think the production plays a role. I can distinguish pitch in Incantation songs more easily than in Suffocation.

Because, as I mentioned, their songs focus on this aspect of the sound more...definitely. Suffocation's production is rightfully rhythm-heavy, and a lot of the riffs (while still good in other ways) are not there to sound "evil" or "malevolent".

Also the comment about no dynamics is just dead wrong. Suffocation is at least as dynamic as Incantation, just in a different way.

I understand and appreciate differences of opinion and everything and of course one isn't really better than the other, but I honestly think that this is very wrong. I definitely think that Incantation has a notable edge in this department.

He said "in a different way." I'm pretty sure that's a fair and accurate assumption to make. Both of the bands are rather dynamic, but they express the dynamism in different, often conflicting, ways. I don't think it's hard to comprehend.

I'd rather listen to anything than Immolation.

Precisely!

also suffocation should be the ultimate band (super influential technical proto-brutal death metal? SWEET!)but my expectations for them were so high going back and picking up the classics that I don't think anyone could have lived up to them : /

He said "in a different way." I'm pretty sure that's a fair and accurate assumption to make. Both of the bands are rather dynamic, but they express the dynamism in different, often conflicting, ways. I don't think it's hard to comprehend.

And I said that I disagree with it, regardless of whether it's the same or different. I really don't think that Suffocation's material has very much dynamics at all and relies more on pummeling the listener rather than creating contrasts and other things of that nature.

it repeats too much without establishing much of the groove that some bdm achieves

still good, just not awesome (like Incantation)