Death Metal

You're the one who reccomended them to me. :cool:

I'm just getting around to checking them out...where the hell have I been? Nocturnus is up next, I'm loving Florida's Old School DM scene.

:cool: Woot. :lol: Anyway yeah, early technical Floridian death metal is GOOD fucking stuff...

The New Dismember kicks ass I love those growling vocals and Maiden riffs on the guitar:kickass::headbang:

It's good and all, but I feel like The God That Never Was hit me much harder. However, the doomy sections and that Maiden section you're talking about are fucking awesometastic.

Brutality was formed by Jeff Acres in 1986.The band released 4 demos and 2 7in ep's before being signed to Nuclear Blast records in 1992. The band recorded 3 albums for them before disbanding in 1996.The band got back together in 2008 and are working on songs for a new album.More info in the coming weeks.

As much as I hate to admit I think I've finally found why everyone likes Quo Vadis so much. Oh well, good band - I just wish they didn't drag on so much at the end of their songs.

ok, anyways, whats the opinion about old bolt thrower compared to the newer material.
Old totally wins! I think newer Bolt Thrower is pretty generic with boring production. Old Bolt Thrower had alot of character and awsome atmosphere combined with crushing riffs. Realm of Chaos is one of my favourte death metal albums ever.

i got the reissue of Morpheus Descends- Ritual Of Infinity in the mail the other day, been enjoying it a lot. How does Chronicles Of The Shadowed Ones compare to it? Worth picking up also?

I am totally up to date on the black metal scene but I am pretty much not informed on the current death metal scene save for
Nunslaughter. So can someone tell me where to start on some newer bands akin to them.

Well I don't care for the brutal death metal scene but there have been some awesome contemporary old school death metal bands popping up lately.

Check these out:

Deathevokation
Kaamos
Repugnant
Nominon
Necroccultus
Denial Fiend
Graveyard (Mex)
Dark Faith (not exactly "old school" but a fucking awesome band nonetheless)
Decrepitaph