Death Metal

Listening to Abhoth isn't really a necessity unless one is obsessed with Old School Swe-Death. There's better bands from the region that only released a handful of demos/EPs, like Goddefied, Toxaemia and Obscure Infinity.

Abhoth is excellent considering I almost never listen to OSDM.

If you dig that sound...
to me it didn't sound heavy, brutal, or thrashing, just...deep. I dunno...I just listened to samples on their website because Ohiogrinder recommended it (actually, he might have said that only gay people didn't like Incantation, not sure).

which I don't think I said, but ok. you need to get into stuff thats a little less melodic, a little more abrasive, challenge your ears. it'll pay off.

The only problem I got with Incantation is that they're a bit cheesy.

latest Monstrosity or Immolation > latest Incantation IMO

neither of those bands own anything that even comes close to Incantation. instant fail, buddy.

and WeAreInFlames, do you even listen to anything that isn't loaded with bubblegum melodies and excessive instrument masturbation?

which I don't think I said, but ok. you need to get into stuff thats a little less melodic, a little more abrasive, challenge your ears. it'll pay off.
I've been working on it. I tried some Anal Cunt and Bathtub Shitter for laughs. Doubt I'll ever be able to get into that. But I'm getting into Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Immolation, stuff like that. Still prefer stuff with more melody, but I dig it.

I'm in flames you're in flames and we're all in flames.
WeAreInFlames. :headbang:
You made a funny. Well played, sir.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure Immolation's first few albums give Incantation a run for their money.

Dawn of Possession is probably my favorite US death metal album (and it's probably in my top 10 list for favorite death metal albums of all time).

On another note, I finally got around to checking out Necros Christos and they totally blow me away. Fucking awesome band. :headbang:

Dawn of Possession is probably my favorite US death metal album (and it's probably in my top 10 list for favorite death metal albums of all time).

On another note, I finally got around to checking out Necros Christos and they totally blow me away. Fucking awesome band. :headbang:

Necros Christos is fucking excellent. I assume you heard their full length... Their demos are also excellent, some of their best songs come from their demos, i love the acid orgy cover.

Everything this band puts out is great, i can't wait until they release their next album in 2009.

Edit: also check out Drowned.

ok...that would explain it. Listening to something off the second album. It's pretty much what I was talking about - only high end is the odd pinch harmonic.

It's the lack of open harmony, internal dissonance will always tend to obscure slightly what lies in between the extremes of frequency.

The production on the first two Incantation albums is absolutely badass.

I finally got around to listening to Hate and Despise by the Lemming Project. Thoroughly enjoyable, and impressive. Thanks Andy for recommending me that off of Greys' tradelist.