Death Metal

Thanks especially to V5 for the Intestine Baalism - Banquet in the Darkness mention. That record is owning me right now. You guys have excellent taste. I don't know why I don't post here more often.

I also am loving that record. "The Plant" is one of my favorite death metal songs of all time.

@ V5:

I'm largely unfamiliar with everything you mentioned, though I've seen you toss the name Gory Blister around quite frequently. That really is a terrible name. Regardless, where should I start with them?

Listening to some of the stuff, I'll admit it, I downloaded after looking at the artists page of that record label you pointed me to. It's pretty ace. Odious Mortem is really weird, Gorgasms just ace. Psycroptic's awesome. Necronomicon shares the ace. Disgorge is abit boring. I can see what Hatebreeder said about babykiller as well, groovy as fuck. Decrepit birth is also fucking ace.

i don't really like the karelian isthmus that much anymore, there's never anything going on under the surface and the best tracks are absolutely dwarfed by their respective versions on privilege of evil. that ep is a fucking monster, i love it.

Speaking about blastbeats,this just came to my mind. Theory In Practice didn´t use a single blastbeat on any of their records,maybe that´s one of the reasons why i like them so much. Many times(not always)i get the feeling that bands throw in blastbeats like some triumph card when they´re out of interesting ideas,i think it´s refreshing whenever a band dares to try something else.

Skymorphosis is an excellent CD, I recommend you go to their Myspace and listen to a song from it immediately.

I don't like Gory Blister that much. I always felt that their music is too shifty and they try too hard to be technical and change rhythm all the time. They're alright but it's like you listen to their songs and it sounds so disjointed. There's no flow in my opinion...they never did much for me. I owned (and sold) both of their albums.

As far as Miasma goes...they're awesome. Highly recommended.

And it's pretty much bite-size so it is easy to handle like 20 times in a row. Also, Debacle By Cephalopod is the weirdest song title ever.

Alter, Breath Of The Demiurg was better, yes, but the band never does anything pretentious, "artistic", or openly/ostentatiously odd/weird, so you're probably going to have a hard time enjoying it.

I expecting some really weird death metal from that record. Just not my thing at all. So, I guess that means everyone needs to recommend some weird death metal for me.

Alter, Breath Of The Demiurg was better, yes, but the band never does anything pretentious, "artistic", or openly/ostentatiously odd/weird, so you're probably going to have a hard time enjoying it.

:lol: I've never read something that summarized so well what Alter is looking for.