Death Metal

the riffs are cool and so are the vocals but the album lacks any uniting characteristics. It is all JUST cool riffs and vocals kind of thrown together.

I can't wait to get The Wacken Carnage cd/DVD. Bloodbath's first live show from 2005. :headbang:

Ways To The Grave

So You Die

Breeding Death

old school fucking death metallll

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like Gory Blister that much. I always felt that their music is too shifty and they try too hard to be technical and change rhythm all the time. They're alright but it's like you listen to their songs and it sounds so disjointed. There's no flow in my opinion...
I would have to completely and utterly disagree with that. Their music makes perfect sense to me, and they are actually one of more straightforward tech death bands, so for someone to be saying that they, of all bands, are disjointed, is a little out of whack.

I would have to completely and utterly disagree with that. Their music makes perfect sense to me, and they are actually one of more straightforward tech death bands, so for someone to be saying that they, of all bands, are disjointed, is a little out of whack.

Well, I'm really not a big fan of tech death so that might be part of the problem. There's certainly a lot worse in the tech death genre. They do have interesting ideas at times but to me it just doesn't work as whole songs.

Is anybody else into Portal? That bands sounds otherworldly. I would say that sections of Outre are so murky that they border on ambient, though by no means ambient in the electronic sense of the term. There's a pronounced Immolation/Incantation influence as well, and see those two names, especially Immolation, tossed around a lot here.

Also, I just got the debut, Seepia, in the mail today, but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet because Wormed's Planisphaerium is owning me.

I think they're fucking pretentious and annoying. It's TOO dissonant and it really detracts because I like the idea of absurdist/Lewis Carroll-style metal aesthetics.

Wormed is better :)

Nah, I agree with Ben T--their is a palpable sense of that band trying way too hard to ascend to the level of intelligence exhibited in other technical death metal, resulting in a horribly hamfisted effort that constantly confounds the listener where clearly that aesthetic was not the intent.

Also, I should say that I adore Crimson Massacre--a band many find highly disjointed--so take my preceding comment with that in mind.

I think they're fucking pretentious and annoying. It's TOO dissonant and it really detracts because I like the idea of absurdist/Lewis Carroll-style metal aesthetics.

Wormed is better :)

While Wormed are incredible (holy fucking GOD Planisphaerium is a mindfuck), I still stand by Portal as one of the more innovative, interesting bands in death metal. The extreme dissonance is one of the things I like about Portal. V5, is that what you're talking about when you say they're pretentious?

I know the entire album by heart. I can hum every riff. I know every time change. I can decently emulate every vocal pattern. It's one of the best death metal albums ever.

guys what do u think about Deathevocation they r very talented guys i just discovered them 2 days ago and am in love with em ... very dark music....

guys what do u think about Deathevocation they r very talented guys i just discovered them 2 days ago and am in love with em ... very dark music....

The Chalice of Ages is a great album! It oozes with an ancient atmosphere that I love. If you don't have it yet, get it!