Death Metal

The Chalice of Ages is a great album! It oozes with an ancient atmosphere that I love. If you don't have it yet, get it!

Agreed! They are definitely one of the best newer death metal bands and this album is really a must for any fan of death metal. I found The Chalice of Ages rather average as first but it quickly grew on me. I've rarely heard albums that last an hour seem so short.

Agreed! They are definitely one of the best newer death metal bands and this album is really a must in any fan of death metal. I found The Chalice of Ages rather average as first but it quickly grew on me. I've rarely heard albums that last an hour seem so short.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I pop the fucker in the CD player and I look down again, like, 10 mins later and it's on track 5. I'm like, is the record really this fucking short?

yea guys u r right ... the other band that i think is great too ''Slugathor'' very good band if u ask me.......... but i think Deathevocation is lil bit doomy but omg what a great band am so happy cause i discovered them....

I think [Portal] are fucking pretentious and annoying. It's TOO dissonant and it really detracts because I like the idea of absurdist/Lewis Carroll-style metal aesthetics.

I just re-listened to Outre and Seepia and I disagree with you. Yes they are dissonant, but it is not mindless dissonance, nor is that the only technique they employ to achieve their swirling omnipotent vortex of sound. I can see why people may not like them, but their is certainly something of substance beyond the obvious label of 'too dissonant'.

a killer performance from BLOODBATH!

Like Fire(pure fucking awesome)

Probably my favorite Bloodbath song after Death Delirium.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just re-listened to Outre and Seepia and I disagree with you. Yes they are dissonant, but it is not mindless dissonance, nor is that the only technique they employ to achieve their swirling omnipotent vortex of sound. I can see why people may not like them, but their is certainly something of substance beyond the obvious label of 'too dissonant'.

:rolleyes: whatever...sounds like shit to me tbh

^Do you think I should get the new Bloodbath EP Unblessing The Purity or Resurrection Through Carnage?

Resurrection Through Carnage which is a blend of the following albums.

Entombed-left hand path
Dismember-like an everflowing stream
God Macabre-the winterlong
Edge of Sanity-unorthodox

Actually you should look into early 90's swedish DM first in general.

Some of the lead guitar patterns resemble early Amorphis so you might want to check out privilege of evil and the karelian isthmus.

Resurrection Through Carnage which is a blend of the following albums.

Entombed-left hand path
Dismember-like an everflowing stream
God Macabre-the winterlong
Edge of Sanity-unorthodox

Actually you should look into early 90's swedish DM first in general.

Some of the lead guitar patterns resemble early Amorphis so you might want to check out privilege of evil and the karelian isthmus.
Cool, yes everyone says I need to check out Like An EverFlowing Stream, probably because I'll like it. I never heard much Entombed and never heard God Macabre or Edge of Sanity. I need to get ohiogrinder to send me those albums via AIM for me to check out.