Death Metal

I wanted to get the 3 in 1 boxset, but the store only had one in stock and it was saved for another customer who preordered it.
They also had the original first press LP of Unquestionable Presence for 50$, but I'm not much of a collector, so I settled for the standard reissue of the album The
store clerk also gave it to me at a discount due to a small chip in the jewel case.

Piece of Time, Unquestionable Presence and Elements are all great albums. Elements is not an easy album to enjoy, though, it's filled with jazzy parts (I do like it)

I´ve always thought Elements is their "catchiest" album,i got into it the first time i heard it,didn´t do that with the other two. Elements is probably my favoritte,it´s so freaky at times.

Fuck Atheist, who's heard the Hail of Bullets album? I'm absolutely loving it, though the vocals tend to grate on me. But really, who listens to metal for vocals, anyway? Oh, and did I mention that they sound almost exactly like classic Dismember and Autopsy? :kickass:

Vocals that fit the music like a glove enhance the overall listening experience.
@HB: You don't like Atheist, eh?I sort see why people would hate them. The music is quite disjointed and soulless, but it's pretty creative nonetheless. I hate the vocals though.

Vocals that fit the music like a glove enhance the overall listening experience.
@HB: You don't like Atheist, eh?I sort see why people would hate them. The music is quite disjointed and soulless, but it's pretty creative nonetheless. I hate the vocals though.

No, I do like Atheist. Granted, I've only heard Piece of Time, and while it's enjoyable, there's a lot of stuff I like better. I really just said "fuck Atheist" because I wanted to talk about the Hail of Bullets record, which is much more my style. I still can't fully get into the vox, though, and while I'd love it if they, like you say, "fit the music like a glove," I'm usually able to see past stuff like that. It must be the musician in me.

Listen to Unquestionable Presence dude. It is probably the best DM album to come from US shores.

Hmm, I would have to disagree with this. I prefer early Incantation, early Immolation and even Crimson Massacre to any Atheist material. Good band though.

How's Nile's Amongst The Catacombs of Nephren-Ka album? How does it compare to Black Seeds and In Their Darkened Shrines? I've considered buying it on a blind buy since I like all the Nile albums I have(Black Seeds, In Their Darkened Shrines, Annihliation of The Wicked, Ityllphallic).

How's Nile's Amongst The Catacombs of Nephren-Ka album? How does it compare to Black Seeds and In Their Darkened Shrines? I've considered buying it on a blind buy since I like all the Nile albums I have(Black Seeds, In Their Darkened Shrines, Annihliation of The Wicked, Ityllphallic).

That's really the only Nile album I genuinely like. Granted, you could do much better than Nile, but the debut is easily their best: much more straightforward and less gay than the others.

Listen to Unquestionable Presence dude. It is probably the best DM album to come from US shores.

I would consider UP on of the best US Metal albums. In Terms of death metal the album really offers me nothing which is why never listed it in with death metal albums because along with say Cynic, Death(later) never really thought of it as being death metal. I'm not saying there's no DM or it's not DM just have my own idea about DM and see the music is being very bleak,dark,malevolent,pessimistic,sinister,etc..

On a side Note*. Crimson Massacre are horrible.

Um...no it's not. It's Death Metal, and it's seriously one of the greatest. From anywhere.

Yeah, UP is not progressive thrash metal. But it seems to lack the sort of atmosphere evoked by typical death metal. Well, it's progressive/technical dm, so there you go...

Anybody like Pessimist? I've been listening to Blood For the Gods a bit and it seems pretty damn good.