Death Metal

He is good on None So Vile, which is Cryptopsy's only relevant release.

No. Real musicians actually form words instead of barking like a sick dog. I can seriously understand Barnes era cannibal corpse better then lord worm. Why bother writing lyrics to a song when you can't fucking follow them?

I think you're selling 'extreme' vocalists short. While it may be the case that the lyrics become largely indistinguishable using such a technique, there are still words being spoken, and for a purpose, and following along with the lyrics should be enough to be able to understand what the vocalist is saying. But when you have somebody like Lord Worm, who is too lazy to actually make a decent attempt at pronouncing words, then you have a problem.

How can you just assume he does it because he is too "lazy"? Stop fucking talking about lyrics, it's really starting to get annoying and its a recent development of this forum to bust a nut over the lyrics incorporating into the sound or whatever. Jesus fucking Christ!

I like death metal vocalists who I can understand for example like Dan Swanö and Mikael Åkerfeldt. I can basicially make out every word they say and when there are cool lyrically lines with death metal vocals you can understand it's just much more morbid than some vocalist going 'ur ur ur' or grunting/gargling for 4 minutes which really sucks. How is something suppose to be sick and disgusting and fill your head with thoughts when listening to an album when you can't even understand anything.

It's all preference with the lyric/vocal thing. For me, I don't typically care what the lyrics are, I am listening to the sound of the voice. If that sound is pleasing, I like it. If it's not, I don't. Low belching incoherancy is not my thing (Wormed), but that's not to say incoherant vocals are not my thing. It's just that type. I like the vox on Living Sacrifice - Noexistent, even though they are just run-together roaring.

THEN YOU MUST NOT BE APPRECIATING THE WHOLE OF THE ART BECAUSE THE LYRICS ARE PART OF THE ENTIRE PACKAGE SO YOU MUST LISTEN TO MUSIC BECAUSE IT ENTERTAINS YOU NOT ARTISTICALLY STIMULATES YOU.

Fuck, just getting it out of the way before some art-fag comes in and says something like that...hell, I'm an art major and I think that's wanky!

I'm sorry VVVVV, but if you're completely fucking ignoring a piece of the work, namely the lyrics, then you're NOT appreciating "the whole of the art." This is what common sense will tell you. You being an art major is meaningless. Lyrics are part of the music, and ignoring them is ignoring a piece of the overall picture, whether you like it or not. And a vocalist not pronouncing the fucking words is lazy and doing a disservice to his own work as far as I'm concerned. You're just flat-out wrong on this issue.

I don't think the music would fit with the lyrics he wrote if he sang them the traditional style. I don't understand how you can call him out on his own style if this is so-called art. Perhaps that is what HE finds fucking artistically pleasing. This is why this discussion is ridiculous. You need to get Lord Worm's opinion before unfairly judging A BIG ASPECT OF HIS WORKS.

You're focusing on the Lord Worm issue? Fuck, I don't even care about that, that's not even my focal point here. My problem is you making a mockery of those who think that evaluating music as a piece of art requires a study of the lyrical merits of the work as much as it does the aural element.

I don't believe that is true in all cases, and I do understand that lyrics are quite important to a lot of albums (esp. in black metal, etc.).

The Lord Worm issue is my focal point, so I think you should explain why you think you can just assume that Worm's vocals are "lazy" instead of his ideal form of artistic expression. There really is no way to prove that he is meaning to do his fans a disservice by not fully pronouncing all of his lyrics...it might be a Dr. Jerkyll/Mr. Hyde thing (eloquent lyrics with ridiculous, feral delivery) or something...it's interesting to think about, and writing it off as "lazy" is, to put it bluntly, lazy.