Death Metal

if you listen to death metal and complain about not understanding the vocalist and not being able to make out the lyrics, then you shouldn't be listening to death metal in the first place. go listen to some Blind Guardian, queer.

Edit: To elaborate just to humor you, I did not say in my last post that vocalist not pronouncing words for any reason other than laziness was rare. I said that, in my experience, it does not seem that many vocalists are "using a unique delivery method to better convey the nature of the themes present," but more likely merely conforming to genre stipulations and not exactly breaking new ground by using unconventional techniques to express new ideas or old ideas in a new way.
Is this your position on vocal techniques in general? Or just ones you don't care for?

As for your latter comment, if you did anything to contribute to this forum but get into arguments and showed that you actually have respect for other people here, I would not have felt the need to 'get pissy' when you took an off-hand comment to be far more than it actually was. In other words, it is due to the fact that it was you who attacked my point and your history here that caused me to respond in the way that I did and not because I'm just a 'pissy' kind of guy.
:cry: :lol:

Is this your position on vocal techniques in general? Or just ones you don't care for?

I'm not sure what "position" you're referring to, as I did not mention any specific vocal technique; rather, I said that it seems to be the case that most vocalists have a tendency to conform to standard techniques found in their respective genres. Unless you considering not pronouncing all of the words a technique. I don't dislike any vocal technique inherently. It depends on how it is used.

This is definitely a better way to respond than, you know, an actual answer. All that you accomplish on this forum is to pick arguments. Granted, that's a reasonable thing to do, but it's only natural (and by no means laughable) to assume that people will react to you differently, as you come off as an abrasive asshole at all times and never deviate from that. I too obviously come off as an abrasive asshole in arguments as well, but that is not the full range of exposure that people have of me and can put my comments into context accordingly.

I can make out a good percentage of what most death metal vocalists are saying. But brutal death, no. Seriously, it often really sounds like brutal death metal vocalist are just going "weee weee weee" in an uber low voice. But I do like a lot of brutal death metal (though not the ultra modern Cali style bdm).

I'm not sure what "position" you're referring to, as I did not mention any specific vocal technique; rather, I said that it seems to be the case that most vocalists have a tendency to conform to standard techniques found in their respective genres. Unless you considering not pronouncing all of the words a technique. I don't dislike any vocal technique inherently. It depends on how it is used.
Ok, so we've gone from singling out a single vocal technique to vague criticisms that apply to all vocal techniques. Glad we cleared that up.

This is definitely a better way to respond than, you know, an actual answer. All that you accomplish on this forum is to pick arguments. Granted, that's a reasonable thing to do, but it's only natural (and by no means laughable) to assume that people will react to you differently, as you come off as an abrasive asshole at all times and never deviate from that. I too obviously come off as an abrasive asshole in arguments as well, but that is not the full range of exposure that people have of me and can put my comments into context accordingly.
I'll stick to the arguments, you can have the soap opera stuff, ok?

Ok, so we've gone from singling out a single vocal technique to vague criticisms that apply to all vocal techniques. Glad we cleared that up.

Vague criticisms? Are you saying that most vocalists DON'T conform to the standard techniques associated with their respective styles of music? I don't even view this as a criticism, so what the fuck are you talking about?

I'll stick to the arguments, you can have the soap opera stuff, ok?

Soap opera, yeah. Grow the fuck up and learn how to play with others.

Vague criticisms? Are you saying that most vocalists DON'T conform to the standard techniques associated with their respective styles of music? I don't even view this as a criticism, so what the fuck are you talking about?
Initially you appeared to have an issue with the unenunciated death vocal technique (I know, you were just joking lol), now you've clarified that you don't have any more of an issue with it than any other technique. Glad we cleared that up.