Death Metal

I know I agreed with V's mockery post, but I really don't begrudge those who like to include lyrics in their enjoyment. But you have to admit that in metal, in so many cases, the lyrics are dumb and not necessarily meant to be a big focal point, and many are just done as a chore that needs doing. I actually find for myself that sometimes knowing the lyrics makes music less enjoyable.

Yeah, I was just being a dick. I agree that lyrics are USUALLY an extremely integral part to appreciating albums...hell, whenever I get a new album whose lyrics aren't up on M-A, I put the lyrics up there...lets me read 'em while typing 'em and also listening to the album too. I find that that DOES help me enjoy the album. I did it while listening to Caducity's Whirler Of Fate about 5 times (because the lyrics are so long, drawn out, etc...not to mention fucking amazing and epic; in this case, I believe the lyrics are an EXTREMELY integral part, moreso than perhaps Cannibal Corpse, but this is obviously just my opinion).

Although lyrics obviously contribute to the overall package, I don't think that they are essential for someone to simply enjoy the music.

I've really been into melodic and symphonic death metal, ever since I "discovered"* metal in high school. Over the past year or two, I've also become a big fan of technical death metal, and I try to implement all three styles in my originals.

* heard Kalmah for the first time and realized that Disturbed, Rammstein, and Static-X suck by comparison to true metal.

Or he's using a unique delivery method to better convey the nature of the themes present. But have fun with your misconceptions.

Which is rarely the case. I know that what I said was untrue; it was hyperbolic. If I was discussing this in an actually serious manner instead of just insulting Lord Worm, who I find very boring as a performer, I wouldn't have said that. But it's better to just jump into conversations and indict people on misconceptions after somebody admits to it merely being a passing comment than to actually look at the context of what was said. But then again, my diction rarely changes from casual mockery to serious debate, so I suppose the mistake is inevitable. But for the record, no, I am under no misconceptions, and what you said is true, but in my experience, rare.

Which is rarely the case.
So you have actual examples of an artist being too lazy to pronounce words? I mean if enunciation was so important then you have to wonder why the artist would choose to use distorted vocals in the first place, a style used more commonly for its textural characteristics than its ability to clearly convey words. Just listen to New American Gospel; there's nothing lazy about that performance.

I know that what I said was untrue; it was hyperbolic. If I was discussing this in an actually serious manner instead of just insulting Lord Worm, who I find very boring as a performer, I wouldn't have said that. But it's better to just jump into conversations and indict people on misconceptions after somebody admits to it merely being a passing comment than to actually look at the context of what was said. But then again, my diction rarely changes from casual mockery to serious debate, so I suppose the mistake is inevitable. But for the record, no, I am under no misconceptions, and what you said is true, but in my experience, rare.
If you're going to carelessly drop remarks like that you might be better off taking it in stride when someone calls you out rather than getting all pissy.

:lol:

Edit: To elaborate just to humor you, I did not say in my last post that vocalist not pronouncing words for any reason other than laziness was rare. I said that, in my experience, it does not seem that many vocalists are "using a unique delivery method to better convey the nature of the themes present," but more likely merely conforming to genre stipulations and not exactly breaking new ground by using unconventional techniques to express new ideas or old ideas in a new way.

As for your latter comment, if you did anything to contribute to this forum but get into arguments and showed that you actually have respect for other people here, I would not have felt the need to 'get pissy' when you took an off-hand comment to be far more than it actually was. In other words, it is due to the fact that it was you who attacked my point and your history here that caused me to respond in the way that I did and not because I'm just a 'pissy' kind of guy.

I know I agreed with V's mockery post, but I really don't begrudge those who like to include lyrics in their enjoyment. But you have to admit that in metal, in so many cases, the lyrics are dumb and not necessarily meant to be a big focal point, and many are just done as a chore that needs doing. I actually find for myself that sometimes knowing the lyrics makes music less enjoyable.

And in non-metal the lyrics are dumb and are the focal point.

Besides, I sing along.