Death Metal

I am loving at the gate "the red in the sky is ours"

but the production is so strange and dry almost, it's hard to explain. It sounds almost like metallica "and justice for all"

Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites.

Album of the fucking year.

I keep seeing heaps of praise for this record but I fail to see why it is so good. Sure it's enjoyable but not anything overly memorable I find.

On the other hand, maybe I just don't 'get' it. Meh.

Reccomend me any melodic death metal that has little to no Gothenburg influence.

I'm aware of At The Gates, Unanimated, and Intestine Baalism.

I keep seeing heaps of praise for this record but I fail to see why it is so good. Sure it's enjoyable but not anything overly memorable I find.

On the other hand, maybe I just don't 'get' it. Meh.

It's definitely meant to be listened to in it's entirety for the atmosphere to be fully absorbed. I find it to be massively evocative, truly creating a filthy, evil atmosphere along the lines of occult styled Black Metal, while retaining a more Death Metal aesthetic. I can't get enough of it.

Reccomend me any melodic death metal that has little to no Gothenburg influence.

I'm aware of At The Gates, Unanimated, and Intestine Baalism.

Cardinal Sin - Spiteful Intents
Crown of Thorns - Eternal Death
Decameron - My Shadow...
Embracing - I Bear the Burden of Time
Eternal Lies - Spiritual Deception
Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Gates of Ishtar - A Bloodred Path
Sacrilege - Lost in the Beauty you Slay
Scheitan - Travelling in Ancient Times
The Moaning - Blood From Stone (Black/Death)

All of this stuff is mostly devoid of the Gothenburg disease, but it's all melodic Death Metal, and it's all from Sweden, so slight influences are pretty much unavoidable. Nonetheless, I'm sure you'll find something you like amongst the list.

Man, I keep randomly "rediscovering" Windham Hell ever 2 months or so and listen to their material all day long, then I somehow forget about it. It is great stuff, but so ... commanding of attention.

Windam Hell are great in small doses. They are great musicians and songwriters, and I enjoy their music, but for some reason I don't listen to them very often.

I like the Necros Christos album, though it is a bit overlong and a bit samey. It think it's as much black metal (bassy old school black metal) as it is death metal.

I don't like Brutal Death Metal.

you are preaching to choir here. But DOF just write good death metal, regardless of what style it is.

Deeds of Flesh are lacking in atmosphere.

deeds of flesh albums are like taking a long walk inside of a mind of some psychopathic serial killer as he murders and dismembers every one of his victims. I fucking love it!