Death Metal

How does Belial's Never Again compare to their EP material? Wisdom of Darkness and The Gods of the Pit pt. 2 (Paragon So Below) both rule but I never got around to checking out the full length.

I seem to think Monstrosity's appeal to me is caused by their awesome averageness, same as Pandemia for example. I really like those bands.

I seem to think Monstrosity's appeal to me is caused by their awesome averageness, same as Pandemia for example. I really like those bands.

Well, I would like to think I know of a lot of death metal bands that are "below average" then. It's not often that I hear a death metal album with such high "out-of-the-box" value as "Spiritual Apocalypse". It's basically an endangered species.

wow bit harsh man

wow I fucking lol'd at that but that was a little to harsh. I'd say he's just open minded. It just looks like lacking standards to a board full of absurdly close-minded people.

With regards to Monstrosity...I saw them live for about 15 mins at NEHMF but I have Dark Purity and it's more or less crap.

Monstrosity are one of those bands that should be a much bigger name than they are, but they just must be absolutely terrible at marketing themselves.

Monstrosity are one of the better DM bands still and their musicianship is excellent and they're a quality band, but am not into their newer albums. I like their first two album the best. I think the entire fact the band has line up problems has to do with it also.

Their original line with with Jason Goble from cynic on guitar and john rubin on guitar was the perfect DM line up and it's to bad it only lasted for one album.

How does Belial's Never Again compare to their EP material? Wisdom of Darkness and The Gods of the Pit pt. 2 (Paragon So Below) both rule but I never got around to checking out the full length.

It doesn't compare to the crushing darkness of their early material at all. It sounds a lot like Impaled Nazarene's Ugra Karma except it fails in every aspect where the former succeeded. It doesn't really seem like a serious effort at all. Avoid it altogether, I say.

:lol:

man that made my day

You are an arrogant asshole. Monstrosity are not one of the more popular death metal acts out there right now. They are middle of the road when it comes to popularity all the way. Not really underground, yet not anywhere near one of the more popular acts. They are a Florida DM band, yet there are at least 10 more FDM bands more popular than them to say the very least.

Once again, I've learned time & time & time & time again to not trust the reviews from the uneducated & musically-misinformed wanna-be-br0000tal n00000bs over at MA. The latest Vital Remains ripped my asshole apart tonight, as did the latest Monstrosity last night. I like the newer Monstrosity much better than "In Dark Purity".

You are an arrogant asshole. Monstrosity are not one of the more popular death metal acts out there right now. They are middle of the road when it comes to popularity all the way. Not really underground, yet not anywhere near one of the more popular acts. They are a Florida DM band, yet there are at least 10 more FDM bands more popular than them to say the very least.

Once again, I've learned time & time & time & time again to not trust the reviews from the uneducated & musically-misinformed wanna-be-br0000tal n00000bs over at MA. The latest Vital Remains ripped my asshole apart tonight, as did the latest Monstrosity last night. I like the newer Monstrosity much better than "In Dark Purity".

I've never even LISTENED to monstrosity dude :lol: no need to take it so seriously.

\/

I thought he was laughing at the fact that it was a play on words you made without realizing it.