Death Metal

Dawn of the Apocalypse by Vital Remains is an awesome blackened death metal album. I find myself listening to it more and more. Thorn is such an awesome vocalist, I wish there was more things featuring him.

I've been meaning to ask, how is the old Let Us Pray and demo-era Vital Remains? Is it the same overly drawn out mediocrity or is there actually something there?

I think I can get into slam death metal now. I listened to "The top 10 Slam Death Metal slams/riffs" on youtube featuring bands such as Soils of Fate, Vomit Remnant, Suffocation, Internal Bleedng, and Dying Fetus, and I generally liked it. I can certainly tolerate the extreme vocal styles now too.

The Chasm give me such a boner. I wish I had not spent years reading about how awesome they were before I actually bought any of their albums.

Yes. Deathcult, Conjuration and Spell are easily among the best death metal albums ever recorded.

I got outbid on DeathCult the other day and I was pretty bummed. I didn't up my bid becasue I did not think I had the money to spend, but I did. Sucks for me. Gotta keep trying to snag a copy of that album.

What do you think of Procession to the Infraworld? I really dig that release.

Has anyone heard Acid Witch? Their full length is pretty unique death/doom

Acid Witch is great.

ive got all The Chasm releases. From the Lost Years, and Conjuration get the nod

Napalm Death is one band Ive heard little of, surprisingly. Which are the best albums? Keep in mind I don't like grind for the most part, so don't recommend the first two.

ive got all The Chasm releases. From the Lost Years, and Conjuration get the nod

Napalm Death is one band Ive heard little of, surprisingly. Which are the best albums? Keep in mind I don't like grind for the most part, so don't recommend the first two.

My personal favorite is From Enslavement to Obliteration but, seeing as you don't like grind, you might want to start with Harmony Corruption.