Death Metal

Eucharist should have made more music. Mirrorworlds is one of the few melodic DM albums I still find interesting.

And people who thin A Velvet Creation was better are just wrong.

Even if the songs were written as well as those on Mirrorworlds the fucking production is atrocious.

I have only heard the TRITSIO remaster and I still think the production is good--it suits the music quite well. Saying it is a shit job is stupid.

Coming back to this for a bit. You must be calling the band stupid then. In Swedish Death Metal, there's an interview with someone from the band (I actually forget who, but I just read it at Barnes & Noble today) who said that the production was total shit due to the guy who did it not knowing anything about metal and "being allergic to electricity" :lol: I do find it funny though that everyone is like "well the production is totally perfect for what they were trying to achieve artistically." Yeah, perfect for what you think they were trying to achieve, anyway. :rolleyes: It really isn't even close to great production, but the songwriting MORE than makes up for it.

A Velvet Creation sounds terrible. Mirrorworlds has killer sound and I find the album musically a lot better also.

You must be calling the band stupid then.

Misguided comment. He said nothing about the artist' intentions, only the production and its relation to the artwork.

In Swedish Death Metal, there's an interview with someone from the band (I actually forget who, but I just read it at Barnes & Noble today) who said that the production was total shit due to the guy who did it not knowing anything about metal and "being allergic to electricity" :lol:

Deathrow hate the production on their first album, yet it fits incredibly perfectly in hindsight, looking at the historicity of the moment.

I do find it funny though that everyone is like "well the production is totally perfect for what they were trying to achieve artistically." Yeah, perfect for what you think they were trying to achieve, anyway. :rolleyes:

Another misguided comment. Whether or not the artists themselves feel the production "is perfect for what they were trying to achieve" is irrelevant to the perception of achievement in the work itself.

It really isn't even close to great production.

I disagree. I really don't care if the artists disagree with me.

Coming back to this for a bit. You must be calling the band stupid then. In Swedish Death Metal, there's an interview with someone from the band (I actually forget who, but I just read it at Barnes & Noble today) who said that the production was total shit due to the guy who did it not knowing anything about metal and "being allergic to electricity" :lol: I do find it funny though that everyone is like "well the production is totally perfect for what they were trying to achieve artistically." Yeah, perfect for what you think they were trying to achieve, anyway. :rolleyes: It really isn't even close to great production, but the songwriting MORE than makes up for it.

They didn't get a single comment from Alf about the production on the album, I really do think it'd be interesting to see his view on it.

Misguided comment. He said nothing about the artist' intentions, only the production and its relation to the artwork.

Fair enough. That wasn't a totally serious comment anyway.

Another misguided comment. Whether or not the artists themselves feel the production "is perfect for what they were trying to achieve" is irrelevant to the perception of achievement in the work itself.

I agree, the point of discussing art shouldn't be to decipher artistic intentions and to see if they were fulfilled, as this makes discussing it pretty much boring and straightforward (and a lot of metal musicians and musicians in general don't even consider what they're doing to be artistic in a lot of ways or that it should even include intentions other than to make music they like, which is useless to discuss), but I think there is something wrong in judging the production and saying it's perfect for what the band was trying to achieve (as lots of people have said, I think ObscureInfinity was one?) when one has no real idea what the band was trying to achieve and hasn't spoken to the band as Ekeroth did (even if it was only to one member and not to Alf; though, Alf doesn't immediately and totally represent the entire band despite being the main writer).

I disagree. I really don't care if the artists disagree with me.

You shouldn't really. I don't either, even though I happen to agree to some extent. I don't think all artists are infallible in their intentions or statements of such; it's just the probable best thing to go by when judging things from an "objective" point of view, for obvious reasons. Art doesn't exist for everyone to agree about everything. You know this though.