Death Metal

ITS FUCKING OUT.

Ex-test-front_large.jpg

http://www.sepulchralvoice.de/index.htm

Despite being so simple and straight on Mirrorworlds never gets old, it's the best melodic death metal album to me. Fuck "old In Flames", they sucked as much back then as they do now.

Coming back to this for a bit. You must be calling the band stupid then. In Swedish Death Metal, there's an interview with someone from the band (I actually forget who, but I just read it at Barnes & Noble today) who said that the production was total shit due to the guy who did it not knowing anything about metal and "being allergic to electricity" :lol: I do find it funny though that everyone is like "well the production is totally perfect for what they were trying to achieve artistically." Yeah, perfect for what you think they were trying to achieve, anyway. :rolleyes: It really isn't even close to great production, but the songwriting MORE than makes up for it.

Haha, I should check out that book by the sounds of it.

A Velvet Creation sounds terrible. Mirrorworlds has killer sound and I find the album musically a lot better also.

A Velvet Creation is better musicaly IMO-their sound was just more creative during this period. Though Mirrorworlds is great as well, just not as great as the lofty heights set by AVC.

i know i'm probably one of the least to get these albums but i'm extremely excited to be receiving Final Chapter by Hypocrisy, and Left Hand Path by Entombed in the mail in the next couple of days.

i much prefer LaEFS, into the grave, and where no life dwells over lhp. dunno, never got into entombed.

Final Chapter is my favorite from Hypocrisy, though i think their best album is 4th dimension.

No, they can sound similar in either way. Just because one came first doesn't mean the first band can't sound like a band that comes later. But it's nitpicking anyway.