Death Metal

It's not the influence of punk (which is unavoidable) so much as the excessive influence of punk on structure and the drumming, which renders most of their songs too simplistic in their organization and too similar in rhythm, with the result that they all run together.

Besides, by the time Entombed got around to officially releasing an album, their style was already obsolete. The Nihilist demos are pretty much uniformly better versions of all the songs on Left Hand Path.

that's a pretty elitist opinion.

So, I found out (some) Dutch death metal is actually pretty awesome. I've been giving Consuming Impulse and The Rack quite a few spins this week.

good on you :headbang: The Rack and Consuming Impulse are two of the greatest death metal records ever.

I've really been enjoying AMON AMARTH but I don't see them as "death metal" really!

I've seen others call them that...but whatever...I'm just tossin' it out there. They kick my ASS!! :kickass:

Anyone listened to Trepalium's XIII?

I hadnt even heard of them when I came across the odd clown faced album art. It's tech death... which is odd... because I really liked it... and tech death usually doesnt do anything for me.

It's french death metal... and while they might be touring with Gojira as the undercard... they kick their ass.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=132329930

Daddy's Happy from XIII is the first song listed....

I saw one of the Gojira shows in France. I don't like Gojira, and the support band, which I think was Trepalium, were even worse.

It's not the influence of punk (which is unavoidable) so much as the excessive influence of punk on structure and the drumming, which renders most of their songs too simplistic in their organization and too similar in rhythm, with the result that they all run together.

Besides, by the time Entombed got around to officially releasing an album, their style was already obsolete. The Nihilist demos are pretty much uniformly better versions of all the songs on Left Hand Path.

Clandestine is more varied in organization and rythm, and has songs with more unique identities than most other Stockholm death, the drumming in particular is unique for every song. Makes me think you've never even heard Clandestine.

There's obviously fucking echo on various parts. Antti is a cool d00d, Nixon and I are friends with him on Facebook, and I am one of his 4 friends on last.fm.

when i reserved a t-shirt he accidentally forgot to tell me they upped the price so he let me have it for the original price. i was like cheers bruv.

I'm liking Evisceration Plague atm. Sure, Cannibal Corpse hasn't changed much more than their singer, but they keep getting heavier with each album.

Irrelevant: drums in death metal exist to maintain an ambient pulse, which is how the function in the better Swedish bands. The drums on Clandestine are a cheesy pander to those who want their death metal to sound like Motley Crue.

You suck at death metal sometimes, Falco.

Irrelevant: drums in death metal exist to maintain an ambient pulse, which is how the function in the better Swedish bands. The drums on Clandestine are a cheesy pander to those who want their death metal to sound like Motley Crue.

No they don't you fucking asswipe, drums in death metal exist for the same reason as drums exist in all other music. Maybe if you stop treating music like something out of a fucking laboratory you'd notice. "Maintain an ambient pulse" lol go back to anus.